Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

...and then they bathed.

As a young kid, I remember loading in the tub with some or all of my siblings for nightly bath time. Honestly? I think as a child, from my perspective, I thought it was all about playing!in!the!tub!

So much fun, right? But, go figure-it dual purposes as a place to get clean from The Day's Funk that Toddlerville brings, too.

Who knew.

But this is one of those things I was excited about when adding to our family. I know it might sound silly, but the thought of Emeline in the tub with her sister was one of those things that always popped into my mind when I tried to picture my girls together before Lucy was here.

Granted, it'll be a ton more fun down the line when Lucy can sit up, and splash, and steal toys from her sister---but last night marked one of the many 'firsts' with my girls together. The sisters.

Because? They bathed. Together. The first time since little Lucy has been here.

And I was kinddddd of afraid Emeline would hate it because dude! This baby's little seat is taking up all her "smimming" room. But, she was ecstatic. Tried to help me wash her. Cried when we took her out of the tub because, "no! Lucy next to me! Lucy next to meeeeeee!" And she didn't even get mad or annoyed when Lucy did her how-dare-you-get-me-wet bloody murder scream in an echoey bathroom. Nope, not at all. Em rolls with the punches, love that girl to death. And she loves her sister.

***

So, of freakin' course---I documented this. Special moments for this momma. Call me crazy.


 A very short video (mainly for me, because I'm all afraid of never having any video of my kids, ever)---and warning! warning! warning! It has a crying newborn in it. If you don't like that sound (who does?), do not watch it.



And since it sounds like I torture my kids from that video--I swear once she's changed, warm and bundled again, she is happy as a clam. See?
(I used to take mirror pics like this with Eme....all the time--it showed how teeny tiny she was! So, yes, Lucy must have some, too.)

I love my babies. So much. In case you couldn't tell. ;)

***

Add that to the Book of Firsts.

13 comments:

  1. Your girls are so precious! And you look AMAZING for having a newborn (and in general)! I can only pray that I will be so fortunate in a couple weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE! And you're looking good too momma...3 WEEKS postpartum! Ow Ow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Lucy's fast in the last pic. Adorable! I remember bathing with my sisters, but the bath crayons were much better back then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious! I would love to start doing bath time together ... not only for the fun but also for the time factor ... I feel like I am bathing kids for 70 hours straight at night. BUT, I can't find the little thing to put Gwen into the big tub. Lost in translation I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! It was actually nice hearing a cute newborn cry again. :) I love all the great documenting! Yay for firsts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how sweet. Emmeline sounds like the perfect big sister.
    One thing I love about my daughter and boyfriend's daughter being so close in age is bathtime. They seem to bathe well together so far.
    I kind of miss that newborn cry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found you but oh my---she is SO stinking cute!!! Congratulations!!!!


    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The three of you look so cute! Nice job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Katie, you are just beautiful, your girls are beautiful, your writing is beautiful. As always. Happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED bathing my two together... Until the little one got old enough to just sit in there unassisted and proceeded to climb all over her big brother (which he did NOT love) so now we alternate their bath nights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so adorable! And that hair....ahhh! My boys are baldies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious, Em looks like she is in all her glory!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i LOVE all of these photos and that video is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete