Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Emeline--what she's up to.

Life is chugging along and my big girl is growing up every day. She makes me laugh, and sometimes she makes me cry (ha), but overall, life with her is a blast. These posts documenting stuff she does are for me (and her one day).

***

We still have a music obsessed child. I don't see that going anywhere soon. If we don't turn on the music right away she goes, "I neeeeed mooosic, mommyyyy". The other day we were listening to Pandora in the car for a good 30 minutes of driving...and in that span we heard a ton of songs. Declan and I kept noticing that she knew the words to at least 90% of them. Her music taste is as broad as her parents. I probably shouldn't be proud of the fact that my 2 year old sings Adele, Taio Cruz, Justin Bieber, One Republic, and Gym Class Heroes (to name a few...), but I kind of am. So sue me.

She usually proclaims, "Oh! This is my favorite song!" to pretty much most of the songs. Call Me Maybe still ranks up there as #1 these days.


(usually I don't have to prompt her at all but figures when the camera is out....sigh)

And yes, I will so be the mother who takes her to concerts when she's a tween. Actually, knowing my husband he'll want to join us. Family fun for all.

*

Emeline will not stop talking about our trip to Disney World. She remembers so many little details about it, her memory astounds me.

Multiple times a day she'll say, "I need to go back to Disney World, k?" and then she follows it up with, "I ask PopPop to go back, k?"

She basically adds, "k?" or "ok?" to the end of EVERYTHING she says. I realized this is a habit she picked up from me, since I end a lot of my sentences to her this way so she responds with yes or no. Now she overkills it, and while cute, it's borderline annoying :)

*

I have a repeater reporter on my hands. Which means I need to watch my mouth. I'm good about not using "adult" words in front of her--but little things? Eh. For instance, she says "oh gosh!" with a huge sigh multiple times a day. She always says, "oh my goodness!" (which is way cuter)--and then there's one more I'm not proud of, at all. I refuse to write it here, but--she now gets a time out if she says it. Yea, mom fail. I'm working on it, people.

*


Girlfriend has taken to this big sister role flawlessly. I'm so proud of her. Every single morning she asks for "baby sister Lucy" and then when she finally sees her she proclaims, "oh I missed you baby sister! Oh, she's so cute! Awwww", it's so funny.

She loves to hug and kiss her. She's not as much into holding her these days but I'm okay with that.

When Eme is still eye level with my stomach (like, when getting changed, etc), she'll still sometimes hug around my mid section and go, "aww I love you Lucy girl!", then she pulls away and laughs, saying, "oh! Lucy downstairs!" I think so many months of hugging a bump became second nature to her.

The good news is that my stomach is pretty much non existent, I don't look pregnant anymore thankfully, which has made this way less confusing for Em, I think.

*


One of my favorite things about this age for Emeline is that at dinnertime, Declan will ask her about her day and she'll recall little things. And SOMETIMES she'll throw in a little fib here and there, which kind of makes me chuckle. I don't think she actually thinks she's lying or anything, but it's still kind of funny.

Lately it's been like this, "Emeline, what'd you do today with mommy?"

Em: "Oh! I watched a dora moomie....(movie), had snacks..........my big girl bed...(nap)......" and then she'll be all, "....and I went to the park...." (and I'm all HA HA No you didn't because momma didn't get out of PJ's today, sweetie!)

It's cute.

*

There is so much more. Plus, moms can talk about their kids for days. But mostly, I'm just really thankful for this little girl--for the blessing she is and the wonderful big sister she's already proving to be.

So much love for her. So much.

17 comments:

  1. Omg. "octopus......is tryin to CHASE me, so here's my number, call me maybe!". Lol I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that video? I died. that was just what i needed to see this morning to make me smile. love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's adorable! kids are so smart. their memory is amazing! easton will start talking about something that happened weeks ago, just like it was yesterday. at bedtime he likes to 'talk about my day' and we go through every.little.detail. he's not satisfied until we have it all. it's cute. they are so much fun. you're totally rocking this mom of 2 thing girl! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so it could be my pregnancy hormones, but I was crying at my desk.
    She is beyond adorable! (both of those little girls!) You two have beautiful babies!
    I must show my husband this! He is obsessed with that song - bless his heart!

    What type of camera do you use? It takes amazing pictures! (I know it could be the operator, also) :)

    Love reading your blog & posts! Helps 'sort of' prepare me for whats to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah-Dorable!!

    you're doin' it, mama...

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that octopus! lol. That made me laugh. My daughter made me watch that video 5 times (well not made, I laughed every time!). She is so cute and SO smart! I enjoy reading about the silly things she says and does. You have one cute kiddo momma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see Broadway in her future!!! Love Little Miss Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute as always! I also have a music girl. Every morning when I go to get them up she points to the iPod dock and starts dancing. Her favorite song is Whoopsy Daisy by Toby Mac. Being a girl mom is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That video may have just made my day! She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was the cutest thing ever! I cannot get Connor to sing anything but the song we sing every single night to go to bed. That and maybe Elmo and Jesus Loves Me. But what kid doesn't sing those two?

    Also, the picture of her standing up against the wall? I die at the cuteness, but she looks SO old! Dadgum the firstborn for growing up instantly when their baby bro/sisters are born!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little video! I always LOVE how you share your memories. And as always I am in AWE of your pictures! My daughter runs around saying "damn it" when she is mad, something she got from me. (My mom admits that I got it from her!)And I am so NOT proud!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Life is what you make of it,the positive things that can be accomplished through sincere work and duty.Don't take life for granted but embrace it and take it one step at a time and enjoy every moment of it even when things seem haywire or at a distance,just continue doing what is right because in the end it has its great rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I swear she gets more precious with every detail. Glad Big Sis is doing well these days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet post. I like Eme's taste in music! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i LOVE that video. i turned it on for e the other day and she was all "she sings call maybe Mom!!!" and then started singing with her. i almost died of the cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think G has cussed yet. But L has a laundry list of words he's said. Oooooops.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is Emeline's "K" on the end of sentences kind of like "Kayyyyyy?" (does that make any sense at all). That is what E does ALL THE TIME.

    "I need my milk now, kayyyyyy?" "Yet's go outside, kayyyyyy?" Ha. I love it. Our girls are twinsies.

    ReplyDelete