Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lucy, 1 Month Old.


Dear Lucy Girl,

One month ago was one of the most precious days of my life. I met you, on the outside, for the first time. I remember pulling your little body out and holding you close to me on my chest, like it was yesterday. And now, here we are---a whole month, sweet girl.

Your name, "Lucy" means "light". And a light you are. You definitely bring more joy and brightness to our lives, and even to your sisters life. You, literally, without even knowing it, light up her little face when she sees you each morning. She loves being your big sister.

I know at a month old you don't "do" much---but here's what I know about you so far:


You're a snacker, just like your sister. You don't eat very long, but you want to eat often. Great for you--bad for momma. You can sleep through heavy noises. Dog barking? So what. Sister screaming? Who cares! Vacuum going? What vacuum? You're pretty chill in that regard. You sleep better the closer you are to me. I don't blame you, it's comforting to be near momma---and I'm honestly soaking it up. On that same note, you really like to be held. Some days you'll happily go in the moby wrap, others days? Not so much. We roll with whatever.

You make the silliest faces. You're starting to squeak out a little coo here and there and giving us more smiles these days. But, we're still waiting for the real reactions and baby 'chat' to come. You don't mind tummy time, at all. You especially like it if you know we're right near you playing with big sister or something. You used to hate baths, but since we switched you to the big bath with Emeline, you LOVE it! We are so thrilled, because screaming-bathtimes are no fun. 


You still hate your diaper being changed, or outfit being changed--you pretty much just despise being nude. You have no real schedule yet. It's pretty much a sleep, wake a tiny bit, eat, sleep, etc. I can see a little pattern of habits forming, but I kind of let you do your thing.

You're sleeping next to me in the co-sleeper/bassinet and we go to bed around 10-11pm. You typically give me 3-4 hours of sleep, wake to eat, another few hours (normally only 2)....wake to eat, etc. Some nights are looooong, some nights are better. MOST of the time, you go back to sleep easily. Some nights you'll only fall asleep if you're snuggling next to me. I don't really care about any 'rules', sleep always wins in this house. We all need sleep so however we can get it, we'll go with it. ;)


You dislike being buckled in your carseat and you're pretty unhappy until the second the car starts and we're on our way, and then you'll fall asleep. If for some chance we stop the car for too long? You typically wake up MAD that how dare they stop the car! It doesn't surprise me too much, your sister was the same. 

You've just moved to size 1 diapers and you're still in newborn clothes. You weigh a whopping 10lbs 4oz now, and are 21" long!

Sweet Lucy, I stare at you all the time. I just love holding you, and spend many a big-sister-naptime with you in my arms. I just know how fast this all goes and I want to soak in all your sweet babyness, because it's so stinkin' precious and I just adore you so much.

Love being your momma, always. 

***

(and because everyone loves a comparison picture)

28 comments:

  1. OMG her facial expressions! She is just too much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it not the most UNCANNY THING that they are sitting the EXACT SAME WAY in the photo?! Holy cow that is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heavens...could they look any more similar in that comparison photo...LOVE it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a cutie!!! I love the one where she looks like she is winking!

    Have a great time soaking in all the babyness!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just the cutest!! She is really starting to look like her sister! Oh my goodness, that picture you put on twitter/instagram/wherever of her sitting in your lap yawning?!! Gahhhh there is nothing cuter than a big baby yawn! She is so precious!! Can't believe she is already a month old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow does E have momma's eyes and L have daddy's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is precious! Love the pic of her with her mouth open. Question...is your glider/rocker from Babies R Us? It looks like the one I ordered from there. If it is, please say you love it. I was sick over spending so much on a chair, but hoping to get good use out of it with this baby and the ones to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the comparison picture! I think she looks just like you. Comparison pic with you??? It is so funny how some things are similar to her sister like being a snacker and not liking the carseat. Cute, cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can definitely see a resemblance to Emeline, especially in the first picture. Love the expression in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lucy's expression in the last photo, ''Really mom, you woke me up for THIS?!'

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous girls you have! Lucy is such a doll! Happy 1 month, baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too precious! Can't believe its already been a month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Her facial expressions are classic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Eme looks like you and Lucy looks like your sister. :) They are both doll-babies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is the sweetest! I so enjoy reading the letters you write to your girls. They're always so heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So precious! Can see a resemblance for sure! I love her little green headband...where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. that was a fast month! it seems like yesterday you were still preggo. I adore the last picture of ms. lucy. her face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! My sweet boy has been keeping me busy these past (almost) 4 months so I barely get to read blogs but I'm going to go back through and find her birth story. Hope everything is going well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love the picture of her little feet!

    justrainbowsandbutterflys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. so cute!!! I see a lot of your hubs in Eme and a lot of you in Lucy. Your kiddos are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy 1 month Lucy! She has her own look but man- in that comparison photo? They look so much alike! Looks like her hair is lightening up a bit so I wonder if you will end up with two blondes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How in the world is she a month already?!?!

    Love all this baby squish!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha, those faces! So serious Miss Lucy!!

    Can't believe it's been a month already....but I'm glad to see the owl has returned!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. She's too sweet. Love the comparison photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG THAT IS THE MOST PRECIOUS PICTURE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!

    i love love love comparison pics...funny enough i did that today on my blog...w/all 6 of my kids at 3 weeks old...

    i sooo need ur chair for photos or heck to just sit in it too

    ur night time schedule looks like ours...(although it looks like u get a 3-4 hr stretch i only get a 2-3)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay these are the first pictures I've thought she looked a lot like big sister. And I had to laugh that they are almost doing the exact thing with their hands in the comparison photo.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those faces are just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete