Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Random! (but some exciting!) things.

(This post will be all over the place. So there's that.)

Some of you probably saw on Instagram the other night that my sweet sister, Susan got engaged to her boyfriend, Jeff on Friday night. *insert girl shrieking now...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!* He planned a precious and romantic proposal and she's sporting the most lovely, shiny ring, ever. I'm super, beyond stoked for her, and we're excited to have Jeff a part of our family, he's a super cool guy and most of all, he makes my sister beyond happy and he treats her amazing. Now I can finally explain all those wedding things I've been pinning for the last few months. Dude, I was totally expecting this, so I had to be prepared

(she just blogged the engagement story, check it out)
totally ripped these pics from my sister, but, yay!
Your supportive comments on my post baby body round two post were so nice and encouraging. When I put stuff out there on my blog, I'm not gonna lie, it keeps me motivated. Because if I don't stick to it, then I have to tell all of you that I failed, and well, that sucks. But I'm harder on myself than any of you are, so my internal motivation is pretty decent, too. 

I decided, per the advice of many of you, to start doing Couch to 5K again because the walk/run intervals are actually more fat burning. So, at least to ease back up to 5K status, that's what I'm going to do. I ran yesterday using C25K and I started at week 3. Week 1 is just not challenging enough. Week 3 felt challenging, and I was even a little sore the next day. Tracking my food is going great, and I've made really good choices the last few days, too. So, yay.  Here's to hoping by next Monday I have some weight loss to show for the hard work.

--

Lucy has been here for one month, exactly, today. I don't care, I really don't care how cliche it is--I will never understood why time moves at warp speed once the baby is here, and at a snails pace the few weeks leading up to their arrival. A whole month? How?

My girls absolutely kill me daily with their cute ways. Emeline continues to wow-me when it comes to her sweet and gentle nature to Lucy, and I am smitten by them. I can't wait to watch their relationship grow. I'll be writing Lucy's 1 month post hopefully later today, when she wakes up enough for her little 1 month photoshoot. 



I've still yet to go out alone with the girls to some place like Target, the mall, the park, etc. I went to my parents again, and even out to breakfast with them, but having the extra set(s) of hands makes it too easy. I know I need to just do it, but I'm mostly feeling lazy about the fact that it requires me to look half decent in the morning and we all know that's nearly impossible for me. I'm more of a "get ready by 2pm" kinda girl. At least since Lucy has been here. 

We look forward to Daddy getting home every day because it normally means a fun outing, and well, let's be honest--the "hand-over" often occurs. Basically, mom gets to check-out for a while. 

Last Friday we went out to dinner, the four of us (still feels weird saying that), and then went to the pond at our favorite park. It was just what the doctor ordered. It couldn't have been a more perfect night weather-wise, and fun-wise. It was perfection. I even remembered to bring my camera, which, let's be honest--is kind of a big deal these days. I have to get back to documenting life. 


---

Happy Wednesday!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats to your sister! Those pictures in the boat are so awesome :) I hope we get to hear the engagement story.

    Someday you'll venture out with two rugrats, but I don't blame you for sticking to short outings with family, I would do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for Susan! I follow her on instagram too and was beyond thrilled when I saw her excited cute face with that ring!

    I can't believe Lucy is a month old!

    Glad you're getting some fun outings in with your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are beyond amazing! The lighting is PERFECT! I need to find us a little spot for some pictures! You have great little subjects too!

    Good work on the running! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

    Happy 1 month Lucy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love those pictures! Your family is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I'm so excited for Susan!!

    Those are some amazing pictures!! Emeline has the most gorgeous blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are so pretty! Diggin' that sun flare. ;) Good luck with the C25K plan! You already look amazing after just having her, so I have a feeling you'll tone up in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to have internet back so I can catch back up on you and your gorgeous little family! Both girls are so gorgeous!!

    Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for Susan! I missed that on instagram. Those park pictures are amazing! I need to buy the same camera as you and for you to teach me your ways! Emeline always looks so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for being an inspiration/motivation to me! I am one year post 2nd baby and I am really needing to get into shape! I have NEVER been a runner but you have inspired me with this C25K app. I started today and for once I'm kinda excited to start this work out, running thing! Thank you again for that! I hope I can keep it up!!

    Also it took me about 1.5 to 2 months until I ventured out with my two together. I Definitley LOVED my wrap. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just started "ease into 5k" - basically the same thing. I start week 3 tomorrow, it's probably gonna kick my butt and my baby is 14 MONTHS old, not WEEKS! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures, Katie! I am so happy for Susan- you have both been a huge inspiration to me! Love your little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am still so thrilled for Susan! And I can't wait to see the wedding she puts together!

    Those pictures of the girls together absolutely make my heart smile. Your girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures are just precious!! I Cannot get over Lucy's face! She's just so pretty!! And Eme never fails to put a smile on my face! She's such a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful pictures! A
    And yay, Congrats to yoru sissy!

    ReplyDelete