Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Things.

Running Stuff

Sometimes I struggle between being all rah-rah! YAY! about running/exercising and then being a debbie downer. After yesterday's run (the 20 min straight on the Couch to 5K program, for those of you who know) I was TOTALLY on a runners high. Completely rah-rah. Super proud of myself and giving myself a moment because my baby is only 7 weeks old and I'm close to finishing the program and 2/3 of the way to my old running status, and hell yea! But a few hours later that feeling started to go away. And then I remembered how hard my run actually was, how many times I wanted to stop, and how I kind of dread my next run. HOW AWFUL IS THAT?

I have such a love/hate relationship with it. It's really bad. But I will tell you one thing--I will always, always, always encourage/like/comment on a picture/status/link of my friends' workout posts or whatever I see when it comes to this stuff. Because I know how much it helps to see you have support. I don't care if it sounds silly, it's totally true.

Preschool

There were a few of you who asked about how her first day went and how I did. I am proud to report that there were no tears, from either of us (honestly, I was the more likely party, just saying). Her teachers said she had a great day when I picked her up. She came running over to me all excited, and then TRIPPED. It was hysterical. She was totally fine. But it was pure excitement and then, those dang shoes on the stupid carpet. But she had a fabulous day.

It's been so fun hearing little bits of her day, though. All from her little comments she's been making I can basically piece her entire little 2 hour day together. I know that they read a kitty cat book during snack time and at some point during the book the kitty goes, "oh no!" and is "scared". I know what they had for snack, but that she requested something differently (typical). I know that the teacher must have yelled to her to "Come back Emeline!" because the playground was muddy. And must have said to her or the whole class, "no runnin'!" All through little bits and pieces, I've basically gathered up her whole day. She also has a friend she refers to as "Livia", which I must say, confuses me a tad, since I know the only other girl in her class' name is Vivienne. I wonder if she goes by a nickname?

Either way. She immediately said she wanted to "go back to preeeeKOOL!", and so we are indeed, going back. This morning, actually.

I'll call this a success.

Weekend

I used to be excited for the weekend to get out and go go go. But now that my weeks are very much go go go, I am kind of craving just staying home. I know that feeling will pass after a few hours, but for now I'm looking forward to some quiet at-home moments.

Although, I have to say, I wish we had some fantastic state fair or something awesome to attend, because I've been seeing pictures of all this goodness and I'm kind of craving some funnel cake, donning a hoodie, with my little family. I must consult google....

Any fun weekend plans for you?

25 comments:

  1. Ohhh a festival does sound fun...I need to get Googling as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about your runs! I'm 2 months pp and I'm trying to get to that 5k mark too...I started blogging about it to keep me accountable (I curse this idea several times a day now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Workouts are the death of me right now!!! I CANNOT get motivated!!! I used to live to exercise now I cannot get myself to hike an extra mile jeesh! Sonorous of you to be running so soon after baby... I only wish I had the motivation Bc I used to LOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few things I wanted to comment on ...

    The running thing - I would not call myself a "runner", but I run a few times per week. I USED to dread runs, but now I totally love them. Once I got back into it (my baby is 8 months old), it was something that I actually enjoy doing, and don't mind waking up early for.
    Also, how many times per week is Emeline going to preschool? I just ask b/c my 3.5 year old goes 2 times a week .... thinking about 3 days next year?!
    One more thing. :) I LOVE the weekends where we have nothing planned, b/c those are the most family-soaking times. I am a SAHM too, so it's funny to say that. :) But since weekdays are on the go, weekends must not be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have said it before, but I seriously don't know how you are even running so far 7 weeks out. I'm 5 months out and am only doing two 10 min intervals with a 3 min walk in between. And I don't think I could have run a minute more. My hands were going numb. Ha! I'm following a couch to 5k program, too, and only have 2 weeks of it left and I'm not sure how in the world I will be up to 3 miles in two weeks, but we'll see. My first 5k is the color run in October, so I'm hoping the colored powder being shot into my face will distract me enough. Ha!

    Glad school went well. She is sooo smart and holy cow, VOCAL!, so I'm sure it's right up her little alley!! Glad you did well, too! Hope y'all have a good weekend.. Relaxing, fairing it up, whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing awesome with running, just remember how long it took you to get to running a 5k when you started and how hard it was! Your body has changed so much so it takes a while to get all those muscles and ligaments back into good running condition!

    Keep it up!

    And yes, go find a festival or fair to go to! I'm sure Emeline would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're doing great! I've been horrible about working out lately and I'm so frustrated with myself, but I keep telling myself I'm pregnant (even though I really know that's not the best excuse).

    Super excited for this weekend - we are taking Mia to Disney on Ice and she may pass out when she sees a real life size Rapunzel.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No plans here this weekend and I'm very excited about that. Actually I took both boys to daycare today and I'm going to devote the whole day to cleaning and organizing (which gets me all giddy- I'm weird) so I will be more "free" to play with them this weekend.

    Be grateful that girls talk about their day. Boys are so different. I pick Nathan up from daycare and I'm like "what did you eat today?" "what did you do?" and I always get "I dunno"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear ya on the running! Totally mind over body and I really admire you for sticking to it and finishing your run. So many days I would just want to give up and to be honest some days I would. I know it helped when I would tell myself, "ok just do 5 more minutes and if you still want to quit you can" and then when those five minutes were up I would say the same thing and eventually I ended up running all the time I wanted to and even more. It helped me to break it up in little pieces in my mind.

    So happy that Emeline is doing so well in preschool, what a fun time in a little girls life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing for being so awesome at running post-baby. I can't wait to start my work-out/weight loss regime after I have Adeline, and I'll be definetly looking at your past posts as motivation. To sound like I'm straight out of the 90s - YOU GO GURL. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your running progress is AMAZING! Hoping when this baby comes out I can get into SOMETHING that quickly. (I'm not much into running, but may try C25K).
    And maybe Eme can't say the little girl's name? It seems like a hard name for a kid to pronounce!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure exactly how far away you are from me (I basically live in MU's backyard) but this is fair season right now. I think this week is the Solanco Fair but don't quote me on that one. I can double check....but there's food, lots of animals, rodeos, etc. :) our fun plans include hitting up Hershey Park on Sunday bc my dad has free tickets. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww! I love trying to piece together Jamie's day from the little bits and pieces he randomly shares! Side note: For weeks he talked about "Rory". Rory this and Rory that. I had no clue who he was talking about until one day it hit me...there's a Mall"ory" in his class. Sometimes the name pronuciations they come up with crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will always get encouragement from me on the whole running thing because I think you're doing awesome! I love that Emeline is so excited about preschool. That's great. Here's to many more happy preschool days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I couldn't agree with you more about the running thing. Honestly some days I get myself through it by thinking "Once you finish this you don't have to run again until ____" but then I think "ohmygosh I really don't want to do this again tomorrow..." (or whatever the day may be). And yet we do it again anyway. Which makes us awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad preschool went well! I totally pictured the trip at the end of the day. Glad no harm was done. Carpet burn is the worst. :P

    I look forward to the weekends, typically, for calmness, too. Or at least a change of pace...getting out to go to church and such. Sometimes the weeks are so overwhelming with a mix of boring...which makes no sense typed out, but that's how I feel. :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. They built a track at my school yesterday. Eeeep! So now I have a place to run...the best place ever, in fact. No excuses! So after school and before I pick up my boys, I'm going to start running and I'll be hoping for your "likes." :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. As always, I relate on all accounts. I finally made it out for a run today after two weeks of nothing. Like you said, it felt great once I was out (and especially once I was done) but for me getting dressed and out the door is the hardest. Keep on truckin' mama!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know we don't live in the same area (or state!), but over here there's a "harvest festival" in a couple weeks. it's kind of like a slightly smaller version of the county fair (of the county north of me--i like that county fair better) that's also more adult, as they have a big wine-tasting section. so anyway--maybe you can find some harvest fair action out there?! I know i'm really looking forward to it (going to keep reminding my bf to try to get a weekend day off--he works in retail.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm doing C25K too...that long (for me) 20 minute run is what I had been dreading since starting the program...but when I passed it (I just finished Week 6) I realized there are so. many. of them. left. And that's the point! Long runs! Woo! So far I, unlike you, sadly, did not get a runners high.

    I had dinner with a friend yesterday who had just run 8 miles. And it made me feel so so sad and small after feeling SO PROUD of myself for just doing the 22 minute run...

    But I have to remember how far I've come, since I was dreading those 5 minute spurts and felt exhausted afterwards. Progress is slow. But it's happening, even right this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just keep going!! You'll be doing a 5K before you know it and then it will be time for you to prep for a HALF!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Katie!! That is awesome you are running 5k's. Love me a 5k! There are 2 fairs going on this week the Ephrata Fair and the Lampeter fair. I don't know if you have to travel far to go to them but they are lots of family fun, etc.

    Just stopping in to say "hi" hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I go pick Eva up in an hour and I'm totally afraid she's going to flip and have a fit because I'm takingher away .. they do the playground at the end of the day so I will have to tear her away from that to come with me. Yikesss.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love what you were able to do with things around the house and I LOVE the desk!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete