Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lucy, 2 Months Old.


Dear Lucy-girl,

You are two months old today, my love. It's insane how on one hand, I feel like you just got here, and on the other hand it feels like you've been around forever. I'm not sure what kind of mind tricks are going on, but whatever it is, we love you here

You are such a special, fun, huge part of our family. Little sister. Lucy girl. Luce. Baby Lucy. Baby Sister. Miss Lucy. Baby girl. You're called by one or all of the above in any given day, heck, hour

You're a tender, sweet, loving little thing. You are easy going. This month we've really started to find our rhythm with you. You're a bit more predictable with things and schedules. We know what you love and what you hate. You could care less now about diaper changes and getting naked (thank God that was just a phase), and you absolutely adore the bathtub now. Hip, hip, hooray! Bathtime is a fun time in this house. You sit in your bath chair right next to your sister and you watch her and smile from ear to ear.

Speaking of smiles, OH THE SMILES. It's the best part about Month Two! It brings so many smiles and coo's. And baby girl, you definitely can be chatty. The sounds that come out of your mouth are stinkin' adorable. It makes me melt every time. When you make your noises, your big sister always runs over to you and says, "Lucy's taw-kin to me, mom!!" It's so fun.


You love your swing. In fact, we're still not in any sort of crib-napping phase yet. We use the swing (and did with your sister, too), and you take the best, longest mid-day nap, ever. It's so great! Overlapping naptimes with your sister is a gift to me, so thanks for that ;) 

You love tummy time. In fact, the day you turned 7 weeks old you started rolling from belly to back multiple times. We were all there to see it, and Emeline cheered and squealed with delight for you!

You've gotten so big this month. You basically wore size 1 diapers for like a week, and I even pretty much breezed past size 2's because I was afraid to waste a box. I've given away bags of diapers so far, because you.just.keep.growing. I have you in 3's, and while big, they totally work. You'll be in them for a loooong time. You are wearing some 0-3 months, but MOSTLY 3 month and even some 3-6 month clothing. I'm so not used to a kid who wears clothes bigger than her 'age', since you're growing faster than your sister did. But it's kind of fun that you two are so different. I'll find out your height and weight Monday, and I guarantee it's going to blow your sisters 2 month stats of 11lbs 11oz out of the water.You're healthy and chubby, and I love it!
I mean, is this even the same baby?! Crazy changes this month. ;)
Speaking of healthy. You're still a great nurser. I'd say you eat about every 2-2.5 hours or so. At night you're still waking about 2x, but to be honest, I'm so sleepy I hardly keep track. You sleep in the co-sleeper next to me for the first 4'ish hours, and sometimes even a little longer than that. I typically pull you into bed with me for the last few hours of the morning. I love that time. And I'm a whole lot more laid back about all of this stuff the second time around. You'll get to your crib, I'm not worried about it.


Ah, also--you don't seem to hate the car as much. We have discovered you do, indeed, like a pacifier (again, unlike your sister), and during the day it helps keep you calm in the car, or during (some) naps, or when you're on edge with a feeding. At this point, you don't use it at night and I'm cool with that. 

You like to sit up and see the world. But you also still love to cuddle and fall asleep in our arms. I could stare at your sweet little face all day long. You are such a sweetie and I've loved the addition of you. It's been fun getting a few hours a week of alone time with you while big sis is at preschool. You're a light and a joy.

Happy two months sweet love.

Always,
Momma



18 comments:

  1. So sweet! She really has changed a lot in one month! She is too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious baby girl. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a cute and happy baby. Love this update.
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so sweet!
    You have beautiful girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little smiles... sigh. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That smile is just too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy is just a doll! That comparison pictures is awesome! You can tell they are sisters, but at the same time they are so different!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweetie pie! I love the blue headband, it really brings out her eyes! And her smile is contagious...you can't help but reciprocate and that's just from a pic! I was looking at two month old pics this week, since I now have a 26 month old. You blink and the time just flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two months already! Hard to believe. She's grown so much this month, you're right in saying it almost doesn't look like the same baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie these photos are amazing! She's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one pretty baby. I think she's really looking more like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. she is just so gorgeous!! i cannot get over her cuteness!!! eek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is just beautiful! Her skin is aBsolutely flawless! I had been thinking that her and emeline were starting to look more alike and I think that comparison just about proves that I was right! Holy moly! Happy 2 months pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, she has changed a lot! She looks just LIKE you, Katie! Give her a cuddle from me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is adorable and totally giving me baby fever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. two months already?! I swear you were still pregnant last week! Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW what a change! She looks a lot less like like Emeline this month, but still similar. They are definitely sisters :-)

    ReplyDelete