Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My girl.



I'm her mom, I gave birth to her, and still, often times I have to stop and think who is this kid talking at me in sentences? How did she get so old? So cool? So fun to be around? And so funny to boot? How did she go from a little baby to this. This talking, walking, acting-like-a-big-kid-person.

Sometimes I feel like I did a good job savoring all her littleness. I know that she's still little in perspective. In the grand scheme of things. But, whoa. Did I, really? Did I do a good job taking it all in?

Sometimes I'm amazed at the person she's becoming. What a tender heart I know she has. Even though we (often) have those moments of, holy-toddlerhood, I'm still kind of in awe of her soft heart. The way she's so gentle and kind with her little sister. The way she knows when she does something that may have hurt someone. The way she says sorry and wants to hug-it-out when something goes awry.

Sometimes we have our bad moments. The ones you hear about when people talk about toddlerhood, you know the ones. And then in the next fleeting moment, it's all over. Like it was just a blip on the radar, and really, mostly, we have so much fun together. The good days do overshadow the not-so-good ones. In the end, I wouldn't have it any other way.

She's mine. And I adore her. Silly, crazy, 2-year-old antics and all.

8 comments:

  1. She's such a cute little girl! I think Phoebe and Eme would totally get along. I love having a daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we talk about how she's in long sleeves and jeans? It's still 90 here in florida, and I can't wait til we get to fall weather here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so cute!! love the little green shirt with strips and the sparkely tennis shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest is 2.5 and it may be my favorite age. He is hysterical and I just can't get enough of him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just so cute! Toddlerhood looks like such a fun stage! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have definitely done good! She's such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. she looks so big here! i agree with you; this is such a fun age. and while i do miss how little she was, this stage rocks so hard.

    your girl is gorgeous. declan better start getting ready.... :)

    ReplyDelete