Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Refreshed.

My sister turned 30 this weekend (yay! happy birthday sweet Susan!), and the one thing she wanted to do was take a weekend vacation...with everyone. I was all, Umm...do you know how loud and noisy and overwhelming this could be? Are you sure you want this for your 30th? Are you really sure? You only get one 30th birthday. And she, in her sweet way, was all, I love being with everyone, this is exactly what I want(ed)--it's fun for me. 

So it was pretty awesome getting to reap the benefits of her 30th birthday--a mini family vacation for all. My parents rented this amazing cottage-like house, decorated like it just stepped out of a Pottery Barn catalog, right on the bay. It was fabulous.

The weekend went a little like this:

Lots of noise from the Five under Five. Coffee sipping on the porch. Overlooking the Chesapeake early in the morning. Fishing and kayaking from the dock. Tickle fights. Baby cuddles. Hugging cousins. Bickering cousins. Late night bananagrams playing. 30th Birthday Celebrating. Couch snuggling. Mid-day napping. Beer drinking. Book reading. Tornado warnings. Fancy restaurant dining. Easy going breakfast-making & eating. Balloon tossing. Shell sorting. Grandparent loving. Lots of laying around.

Basically? A good, refreshing time.













***

Happy Birthday, sister. Thanks for letting us all crash your birthday and make lots of memories.


16 comments:

  1. Aw! So glad the weekend was so great! All the photos are so great. Happy birthday Susan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your sister! What a sweet girl, wanting to be with everyone. Your parents are so cool.. you know that right? Taking you all to such a neat place, spending the time with everyone. Very very fun :) Glad you are feeling refreshed! And also that no tornado's appeared, the footage from NYC is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what a great birthday weekend. Happy birthday, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing, family filled time! I can't get over how grown up Lucy looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww so many great pictures. I especially love the ones of the girls and who I assume is their grandfather. Sounds like a really wonderful weekend. Coffee sipping on the porch is probably one of my favorite things I did this summer. It's so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend : ) I love the last photo of you and your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend and wonderful family! Glad y'all had a great time celebrating Susan's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos!! You and your sister are beautiful girls, and so lucky to have eachother :)
    Looks like a fun filled Birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again amazing pictures and making me want to be adopted :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great weekend! I always love your photo recaps...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now THAT is the way to celebrate entering a new decade of LIFE!! LOVE!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely perfect weekend! Love all these photos--they do such a great job capturing everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so awesome! What a great birthday weekend. I guess since I just had my 29th, I'll have to start thinking of how to celebrate the next one. A weekend vacation with the family sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures! Where did you get your shirt that you are wearing in the last picture? I love it! and those babies of yours sure are cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want your family to adopt me. that is all.

    and i still can't get enough of those pictures of your dad with the girls. priceless.

    ReplyDelete