Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

...and it's already turning around.

Today I'm already feeling better than last night, and leap years better than the rest of the week. I don't know, I'm so weird....when I can finally get the emotions out, somewhere, it kind of helps me get over it.

And I think that happened a little bit last night. Which is awesome. So yay. And thanks.

I decided that despite getting little sleep as it is (because no, my 2 month old doesn't sleep great, ok? Now that we got that over with...), I still need to start getting up early. Earlier than the girls. Maybe even earlier than my husband. Because I need some time when the house is quiet and still and I can get a head of the game. And this is hard for me, because I hate the mornings. But I might actually like them a little better if I do this. Because so far? This morning has been great.

I was able to chug my morning coffee in peace and quiet. I was able to leave a little mirror message affirming my husband, because I'm usually awful at cute things like that and I'm trying to be better. Because I love that man to death, but sometimes suck as a wife. I was able to read. I READ. In peace and quiet. A few chapters of a book I find (so far) to be pretty challenging and inpsiring (The Resolution for Women, if you're wondering). I ate breakfast, alone. I had a few minutes of quiet morning chit-chat with Declan. I was even able to prep Em's breakfast. I did my hair, makeup, and got dressed. I mean--all by 7:30am.

So? It's been a pretty good morning so far.

The sun is shining. Despite the fact it's going to be 80 today (hello! It's FALL!), I'm happy at how this week(end) is shaping up.

I'm making the change. I'm trying, anyway.

**

So now? I'm going to do something random and fun, and thank you Chelsea for reminding me of this.

Currently....
Obsessing over: new things I can do to spruce up the house, without paying a fortune. Wanting new curtains, to do little projects, but yet not really having the motivation to do so. Interesting predicament :)
Working on: unloading and putting away all the laundry that was washed LAST weekend--because I'm awesome like that. My only motivation to do so is that we'll need the baskets to do laundry for THIS weekend. ha.
Thinking about: my plan of attack for my two-hour-sans-2-year-old this morning, aka: what should I check off the to-do list while she's at preschool.
Anticipating: some good-for-the-soul family fun this weekend.
Listening to: RockStar Mickey on the iPad....I wonder who that could be. And the coo's of a happy baby Lucy.
Drinking: Coffee and water.
Wishing: my back would get better quicker and that my first run this week (hopefully tomorrow!) will be an awesome one.
***
Happy Weekend...make something of it ;)

14 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how just putting the words out there for the world to see makes you instantly feel better? I have been waking up before KP for some time now and it's amazing the difference it makes in my day. Last night sucked so I slept until she got up and now I'm hating myself for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope today is a much better day for you! I feel you on the back pain. The lower right hand side of my back has been hurting pretty much since I had Charlie. Two kids just wrecked my body in a lot of ways. Those heat wraps really do help a lot. Hope you get some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with you on the getting up early before house is awake to have alone time..quiet time ...WHEN ALL 6 KIDS ARE UP...and 3 are getting ready to leave for school it's full blown chaos.

    thankfully baby is sleeping 6 hrs stretches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Good news :)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was talking to Shannon before about getting up before the babe(s), because she does that, and the thought just makes me CRINGE...but lately, I'm finding myself staying up way later than I should, resulting in a way too early morning. Perhaps I should give this getting up earlier thing a go some time, for kicks?

    And I swear I'm backwards with the nesting thing, because I have it NOW. I want to do all of these projects and clean and redecorate...but I don't want to spend the money. ;) Funny how that works.

    Glad your day is better so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are feeling better! It is ok that your two month old doesn't sleep good! My 17 month old woke up twice last night! So you are amazing to wake up and have all that stuff done before 7:30 I slept until Chase got up. I'm trying so hard to join the wake up before your kid club. Do you do it on Saturdays? I'm debating if I will try to tomorrow or not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy the peace and quiet of the house too! My husband asks why I don't put on the TV or raido when I am alone. He just doesn't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. when you are a mom, you do stuff that before kids you never think to do it, like woke up EARLY... I think that all the moms need time to herself and they have to find that time... I'm glad that you find it, but at 8 pm you don't want to be in bed?... just curious

    I'm not a mom, I'm just a Nanny, but sometime I play the roll of mom, and I HATE woke up early, so I put the kids on bed at 7 and By 8 I'm free, I'm the opposite of you, But I understand you, It's great start the day when you all ready had your time

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm glad you had a good morning! hope the weekend's even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it makes you feel better, my 3 month old still doesn't sleep great. ::sigh:: I try to wake up before her on the days I have to work (so I can actually get ready and all) but it doesn't seem to work since she's often up around 4! I'm glad you got your "me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower! I am desperately trying to find the motivation to get up before my 10 month old because I think it will be good for me. She still doesn't sleep through the night so I still try to soak in every once of sleep I can but that also leads me to virtually no quiet, me time all day. Reading this may have changed my mind, thank you! You and your family are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot cannot cannot do the up before the kids all the time, but I have started making it a priority to do it at least 2-3 times a week (usually on pre school days so I can kick my butt into gear before she's up) and I'm telling you ... it can make such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love my early mornings, but today I am sooo sleepy!

    ReplyDelete