Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Emeline Updates...and stuff she says.

I'm so mean, aren't I? But her pouty face was too cute.
***

I'm really learning at this age the power of influence, holy cow. She repeats everything we say, so I really have to watch it. I can also always tell when she's picking up things from other kids and it sticks, man. I know this is something we'll be dealing with forever. Just goes to show you cannot keep your kids in your protective little bubble forever---but oh how I wish, sometimes.

One of the little girls at church talks about Monsters often. She "rawrs" at Emeline and often tries to scare her. So now Emeline talks about Monsters all the time. I'm not even sure she has any concept of what it is, but she'll say---"Mommy, da monsters are comin'! No, don't do monsters to Ennamine! They scare you!" (she goes back and forth with still using "you" for "me", sometimes she gets it right--I have to say, I think it's stinking cute, though.)

My kid is Doc McStuffins crazed. If you haven't seen this adorable Disney Junior show you are missing out hardcore ;) I'm pretty sure Emeline thinks she IS a doctor, like that she is a legit doctor. If she gets hurt, or falls--she'll say, "Ennamine needs a check-up!", and so we have to check her and sing the song, and then she follows up with the song, "I feel better, so much better..." 

We often find her pulling Lucy's shirt up and saying, "I check your heart-beat Lucy-girl!"  Sweet, huh? ha.

The other day on the way home from school she started singing, "Da babies on the bus go Wah! Wah! Wah! Da babies on the bus say WAH! wah! wah! Da mommies on the bus say SH! SH! SHHH!!!! Sh! sh! shhh! All FRU' DA TOWN!"  

And then I died. 

Around dinner time most evenings she'll come up to me and say, "Hey Mom, let's have a DANCE PARTY!!!!"  Which basically means that I turn my running mix on my laptop on, we jam out while dancing around the kitchen. We usually put Lucy girl in her bouncy seat, and Em proceeds to dance around her and yell, "LUCY, DANCE!" If Lucy even MOVES A LIMB, then Emeline screams, "MOM!! Lucy's DANCING!" with absolute delight.


Emeline has a bad habit of saying, that she "needs" something instead of asking for something in a kind way. So, "I need a snack, mom!" is often something you hear around here. We're really working on breaking this habit. So now, when she asks something with "I need..." I just give her THE LOOK and she quickly corrects it with, "May I have...."  But she doesn't quite get the sentence flow yet, so it comes out something like this: "Mom, may I have please a snack, please?" And she always inflects with her little sing-songy voice at may-I and it kills me with cuteness.

Whenever she asks for "some more" of anything, it comes out like "Some-Ra-More, please", EVERY time. I have no idea why the added, unnecessary wordage, but it's adorable. 

I think because we talk about a "baby" in reference to Lucy, we may have confused her a little bit. For instance, the other day at the Farm we were talking about seeing the Baby piggies. So she says, "....and we see daddy piggies, and mommy piggies, and Ennamine piggies, and Mac-a-boy piggies, too!"  Yea. Cuz that makes sense. 

She tells me ALL THE TIME to, "Mommy, 'TOM ON" (come on) 

If she falls or trips or whatever and we ask her if she's okay, she very quickly and precisely responds, "Yep, Mom, I'm OTAY!".

Everyone loves when she says "OTAY" because it's hilarious. When we're leaving our church small group on Tuesday nights, the kids are in the playroom with a babysitter, and I'll yell down that it's time to go----and she'll go, "OTAY MOM, I'M COMIN'! ENNAMINE'S COMING!!!" Too funny.

She saw something on TV the other day that had men dressed up from the 1700's, around the time of the Constitution....and she matter of factly stated, "Look Dad! It's a pirate! ARRR MATEY!"  Umm...fail.

She is the worlds best encourager and I'd like to thank potty training for that. She tells us all the time how proud of us she is, and "you did a good job, mommy"

Now that she's potty trained she's feeling all independent. We still have to help her with lots of things, even pulling down her panties and such, and, yea--wiping, you know. We usually say, Ok, let me wipe your bottom. But for some reason that translated into something else for her, so when she's done going potty she'll often yell one of two things: "Time to wipe my body!!!" or  "Wipe Ennamines ba-gina!" So you can imagine how fun that is in a public restroom. Yep.

She announces everything that Lucy is doing. All the time. It's both adorable and annoying. My favorite is when the famous rip-roar infant, ahem, poo, happens...she gets all wide eyed, and goes, "Lucy pooped, change her diaper!"  Gee, thank you kid. I had no idea ;) Or if Lucy is drooling or has a little spit up, she'll yell, "LUCY SPIT!" and run and grab the nearest burp cloth/blanket, etc and start dabbing Lucy's face. 

***

I need to start writing down the stuff she says---because even this just doesn't cut it. But, it will have to do. :)

18 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love reading the things she says! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The OTAY thing sounds adorable!

    And the bagina!! Hahaha! So funny. If I have a girl that will be me. I remember Nathan yelling penis in public restrooms. And at 4 he still announces loud in a room full of people "My tummy feels better. I think it just hurt because I had to POOP soooo MUCH!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kills me! She seems so funny! Kendall is in the I NEED phase too, "mama I neeeeeeeeeeed Veggie Tales" umm...no you don't! LOL. And ba-gina, yep here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to work on the "May I have..." because Connor says "I WANT CWACKERS!" Kids. A work in progress.

    Something that makes me laugh in the morning.. If I don't get to making Connor's breakfast before he wakes up he likes to sit on the island and "help." I butter his (frozen) pancake and then I look at him and ask, "Ok, where does it go to warmn it up?" and he says, "In da microphone!" Close, kid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the cuteness! What a sweetie pie! The "Otay" is the best! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! You've got yourself some sweet little girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously LOVE this age because they get all chatty and are freakin hilarious! And Sawyer LOVES to sing...wheels on the bus is his favorite. I pretty much die 100 deaths a day from the cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! So cute!! I can't wait until Theodore really starts talking, he already has a bunch of words, so I have a feeling he'll be a chatty one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the "what my toddler says" posts, I need to get in on this. How precious is she? We haven't reached the phase yet where D is repeating everything... I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am dying laughing over the bagina saying! Too funny!!! I need to write down Noah's sayings, before I forget! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am cracking up at the "ba-gina" comment. That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha! the pouty face kills me! i personally love those kind of pictues ;)

    this age is hilarious. the reassuring themselves out loud thing? oh my gosh. melts me. e is currently terrified of insects so if she ever sees one it's all "it's okay Mommy. they won't get you. they're nice. it's okay. they don't bite" and I'm all... i know... but it kills me. love this age.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ba-Gina!!!! Hahahahaha. Seriously love it! She reminds me sooooo much of Connor (2.5) it's crazy! He still talks in the 3rd person and I secretly love it. I can tell he is starting to lose it and I don't know what I'll do when it's fully gone. It makes me want to videotape a full day just so I will always have this stage captured. Those sweet babies and what they do to our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our kids are soul sisters, I swear. Eva always say "wash da body" when she means her bum, too. And seriously .. so many of these things are JUST like Eva. The don't scare you, thing? TOTALLY. If she's nervous of something (mostly animals) she will say that.
    Yet's go see da horsies. They don't scare you. They in da fence!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just thinking I should start writing down everything that Sofia says because she's becoming such a chatterbox lately and I'm loving it! But of course, my mom brain doesn't remember half of it two minutes later...

    ReplyDelete
  16. The idea of you all in a public restroom and her yelling that... too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh! I just think she is so cute. I love the video! I love this age so much. Phoebe is about 4 months behind Eme, and it's just so fun.

    ReplyDelete