Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Mood.

I have no pretty pictures to post. I don't even have many good things to say. When I'm feeling this way it's just much better to leave my precious little blog alone for a few days. Because when I'm having a funky week, one where I'm feeling all sorts of blah, and sickness is traveling from person to person, and my oldest kid is unhappy because of it, and I'm not sleeping much, and my back hurts every time I pick up a child (40 million billion trillion times a day), and I haven't worked out, and I'm annoyed with my dog (for the LOVE! 12lb yorkie for sale, heck, he's free! I can ship!), and I'm just in an all around bad mood? I end up word vomiting. And it isn't pretty. It's ugly, actually. And oops. The ugly just came out. Because, that's just how it is this week.

Sorry not sorry. Ok, I'm a little bit sorry, because I do like to keep it more pretty here, there's enough ugly in the world as it is. But I just can't help it tonight. Sue me. 

It rained for what felt like all week. I didn't take a photo of a darn thing. And I mean with my real camera. Because of friggin' course I took forty million instagram photos. I questioned my mothering capabilities multiple times this week. And usually I think I'm a rockin' mom (because I am, but still). This week though? I questioned my decisions about a million times, which is unusual. It was annoying. My little hat tricks of happiness didn't work this week, either. In fact, they backfired and laughed in my face. Multiple times. 

My stress level has been high. Off the charts. Let's just say, teeth-clenching-jaw-pain-nightmare-inducing-stress. It's so not fun. And I so need a day to turn my brain off. If only that was possible. 

So-
I hope to re-find myself over the next few days. 

I pledge to get my camera out. Despite the fact the forecast is calling for rain again. ALL WEEKEND (hold me). 

I vow to focus on the important stuff.

I promise to let myself de-stress a bit. Somehow. To pamper myself in some way, because gosh-darn-it, I deserve it. 

I promise to have a grateful heart...for the little things, the big things, all the things. 

I vow to relax. Take a breath, and chill the heck out

I promise to find happiness in the small things.

...

So we'll start with my favorite IG photos this week:

If all else fails? Someone send xanax.

***

13 comments:

  1. Good to know you have those days too. Pictures in the rain could be cute! Umbrellas and rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your rough week, friend. Just know that it won't be like this for long and tomorrow is a new day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prayed for you today. You were on my heart and I noticed no blog posts...
    Last week was my horrible week. Sunday through Tuesday I couldn't shake the depression that was following me around - and the anxiety? It was bad. Like barely get out of bed bad. Nothing I have ever experienced before. I prayed hard those days and felt God's presence more then I have ever.
    As I started to come around, I was ok with this weakness, this being human, and I was ok with being ok with it, accepting it.
    It's OK to have bad days - it doesn't make you any less of a mom - or a human. It strengths us and our faith.
    Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful around here, I will be praying those sunshine rays of Vitamin D lift you up and above your funk.
    You're not alone.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm telling you, we are living the same life.

    i almost texted you multiple times today because i just had this feeling.... i should've. we couldn't commiserated together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, right there with ya (in case you missed MY bad mood post today...). But Brad gave me a day off tuesday. Like completely took over noah, therapy appointments, etc. Last night, he had to give me pep talks. I being like this, but it helps to know I'm not alone. :) Hope you have a chance to unwind this weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahem... typing on phone. sorry. I "hate" feeling like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand. I've had many of these rough/not so fun weeks! It'll get better. After the rain, there's always sunshine :)

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you've had a rough week. It stinks when the entire week turns out to be crappy. It's almost the weekend though so I pray you get a little Katie-time to go and do something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better. I'm having one of those weeks too. Just not feeling anything. It's no fun when we feel this way. It seems that when it rains it pours! Good for you for being conscious of it and making it a priority to kick the bad vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really hope you're feeling better and that you have a good weekend. We all have these times... but I know, they stink. Sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh! I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. I get like this too and it really sucks. Chin up girlfriend! And....in case yo forgot, you babies are so.freaking.cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear you sister! My husband yesterday told me that I keep complaining about stuff that he is doing and now he feels like he cannot do ANYTHING right. Broke my heart. I need to snap out of it (Can I just blame it on pregnancy hormones?)

    ReplyDelete