Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday rambling.

I have not been feeling much like writing this week. But then again, maybe that explains why I've been in a funk? Writing=sanity. Me not writing=slightly insane. Sorry, sweet husband, I'm sorry. (He's the one who has to deal with me, you know.)

ANYWAY.

I am hoping to get my writing mojo back. But things have just been weird this week.

It started off with this god-awful storm. I am grateful my area got hit much less hard than anticipated but I'm also so sad and heartbroken for those in so much worse situations. All the beach towns we know and love have had a lot of damage. People have lost their homes. There is lots of devastation and that just sucks. So while I feel grateful, I also feel sad about those whose hometowns faced so much destruction.

So because of the storm, the week just felt...off. Declan worked from home for two days and trust me, he was clawing at the door to get back to his (quiet, peaceful) office on Wednesday morning (don't tell him I told you that, he'll deny it). I was even craving a little normality too, not gonna lie.

While Sandy came and left, she brought Winter in her path so while our Halloween remained in tact, it was FREEZING COLD. Thankfully, we got to still see our friends and Emeline and her little BFF, Finley got to trick-or-treat together. There is no denying these two are the freaking cutest things ever. They slay me.



This past weekend we went wedding dress shopping with my sister, and it was the best thing ever. We've waited for that day for much too long and I can't even tell you---this girl is going to be a stunning bride. Like, drop dead gorgeous. Just.you.wait.

Her mother-in-law threw a little Afternoon Tea afterwards for us all at her home, and it was adorable. She wouldn't let any of us lift a finger and served us all, and she just wanted it to be special for Susan. I realized two things, 1) I love tea & 39408390 little sandwiches equal one normal size (so I like to tell myself) 2) Afternoon tea is relaxing. But I need to learn how to relax. Dilemma.

(photos taken by my SIL, Lyryn...a few from dress shopping & the afternoon tea)


Somehow, this year--I decided I would be on the ball when it came to Christmas outfits for the girls. I bought them both their dresses yesterday and I feel super accomplished. So probably what will happen? I'll get all excited that I did ONE!THING! early and then save all the rest of Christmas'ey stuff to The Last Minute because I'll think just because I have their matching dresses, that's all that matters. And it doesn't. But that's how my brain works. So cheers to being ahead of the game on one thing, for once in my life.

Did I just write about Christmas? For the love, how is it that time again? I refuse, REFUSE, to bypass the goodness that is Thanksgiving by going too Christmas too early. Thanksgiving is an amazing holiday, my favorite, actually. The delicious food. Family. But no pressure of gifts. It's pretty much the best ever.

With that said--Happy November (frack, NOVEMBER? Sigh. Life. Stop.going.so.fast.....)

11 comments:

  1. Hurricane Sandy was pretty awful here in RI. Like you said, most of the beach towns that we visit weekly during the summer are completely ruined. It's so so sad.

    Eme and her friend look adorable and I'm sure your sister is going to look amazing on her wedding day! Everyone must be so excited.

    Happy weekend... and November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it is November either. I ordered all of E's holiday clothes (halloween thru Christmas) in July....in all the wrong size. Perrrrrfect. Thank God for my mom's talent in hemming. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures from wedding dress shopping and the tea party are beautiful! Glad you are okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful to hear y'all were safe, but I am also so sad for those who have suffered so greatly.

    Susan looks like she's glowing in that top left picture. She is going to be gorgeous.

    I've actually started my Christmas shopping already (go me!).

    I've missed your writing, so glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its been decided. Hadley is most definitely going to be Raggidy Ann next year. That is so cute and I can paint her face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for Susan! I'm so excited to see how everything turns out on her big day and I love the special tea. All the plates and cups are so cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just summed up EXACTLY why Thanksgiving is my fave holiday!

    Glad to see you around today, I've missed your posts! Hope you find your mojo (and your sanity!) soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures of you and your sister are why I want to have another baby! You guys look so gorgeous and I love how close you are! Can't wait to see Bride Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greg was home for 2 days also, and as much as I do love when he's home with us, I also needed the normality of him going to school and then him coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might be as excited for Susan's wedding as I was for the Royal Wedding. I'll be down here in SC waiting on my play by play ;)

    And your girls' are adorable. Love the little friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE SUSAN IN A WEDDING DRESS!!! She is beautiful as is and in a wedding dress......? Call the bridal magazines.

    ReplyDelete