Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Hodge-podge Friday.

I decided that Christmas lists are super lame when you're a parent. Or maybe we are just super lame. I literally put things like diapers and wipes under the "Lucy" category because SHE WON'T KNOW ANY BETTER and dude, I hate buying diapers. I also asked for gift cards for myself for places that I know I'll most likely end up using on my kids. Or "babysitting" so that we can go on dates.

Oh, and then? We asked for a better coffee maker. We all know I started drinking coffee once I had children. Hence why coffee is necessary. Sanity.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHILDREN. And they say parents lose their sense of self once they have kids....pffttttt.

--

Somehow my girls have ended up with four sets now of matching Christmas pj's. To be fair, some are more "winter" than just "christmas" but they are all Christmas suitable. I'm also pretty proud that they were not expensive so I probably spent the same on 8 pajamas that some spent on just 2. No, really. I got some black friday deals that were crazy good.

I find it SO stinking cute that Emeline is obsessed with matching Lucy. She will hate it one day so I will soak this in now. I don't have almost anything matching in regular clothing. But footie pajamas? I mean, they're so cute. And I'm afraid I've passed on my love of the comfy-clothes to my kid because every.single.day is a huge battle getting her to take them off. "No mom, but 'der so tozy!" She also insists on having legit pajamas for every nap. Do you know how annoying that is? Yea.

--

I went out last night to the mall and target....alone. It was nice, and quiet, and quick. But I stopped for a tollhouse cookie because I CAN and I just felt like I had to indulge in something since I was alone. Weird, right?

It was delicious. And necessary.

--

I'm going to be featuring a few weight loss stories of fellow bloggers in the coming weeks. I think it could be something really motivating, especially before the holidays. These are girls who followed along in mine and my sisters weight loss and encouraged us along the way. I'm kind of excited! I hope you'll like it. Plus, it's always fun to introduce other bloggers who you can follow along with and get encouragement/give encouragement. Real life ladies, who lost (and are losing) weight the good 'ole fashioned way. Gotta love that.

--

I've been sick all week. This head cold, feel like it will burst open when I bend over, sore throat, raspy voice-thing. It is annoying. I am running another 5K on Sunday...this happens to be The Busiest Weekend Ever. Figures. I very rarely get sick. Ba-humbug.

--

Today I realized that tomorrow is December. I have now made it my goal to figure out how to make a really cute advent calendar by tomorrow. I never used to be a procrastinator, but now? Story of my life.

Wish me luck.

Have a happy weekend!

18 comments:

  1. My husband works nights so I rarely get time out of the house alone since we work opposite shifts and all... but tonight, he'll be home early and you've inspired me to go out, alone. Think I'll do the same thing you did and hit up Target. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wanting to make a super quick and easy advent calendar by tomorrow too!!! December definitely SNUCK UP! Good luck with yours, hope to see a quick pic on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of the weight loss journey, I totally thought of you this morning. My alarm went off and I hit snooze, but then dragged my butt outta bed. Then did an awesome 43 minutes walking on the treadmill and then decided to run for the last 2 minutes. It felt awesome! So worth getting up early. I know it's not a 5K but it is definitely stepping in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love the matching pajama thing! I dress my boys alike sometimes and my hubs hates it! but, guess what...I don't care! heehee. I like it! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of your 5K on Sunday. I don't get to do the one tomorrow here because of school. Apparently, I have to study or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. S used to LOVE (and request) matching E when she was a baby. Everyone always thought *I* was the one having them match, but nope, it was my 2 year old. ;)

    They still like matching sometimes...more color over exact same outfit. It's cute. Sisters...super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a Babysitting coupon would be the best christmas gift ever!!! I always feel so guilty asking people even when they're practically begging to do it!

    And Jamie has 4 pairs of Christmas jams, if there was a baby to speak of, you better belive there would be matching ones!

    Can't wait for the guest posts....I already started mine and I think it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God for you girl with two little ones you deserve a cookie if not two :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find myself wanting to ask for gift cards to my favorite store that I shop at for my daughter. It's sad, but it really is all about the kids. Buying things for her now makes me happier than things for me. Oh how things have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am doing the same thing with the advent calendar, hello pinterest, please do not fail me. Hope your sickness skeeedaddles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CRAP! I totally forgot that tomorrow is December until just now, and realized that I have to wrap 25 FREAKING BOOKS today!!! Ugh.

    Also, I'm the same way with Christmas lists. We do the Want/Need/Wear/Read thing, and I'm 90% sure Rebecca's "need" may be a Moby or Ergo. Or diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always get a Starubks when I'm alone...never whe I'm with the kids. I'm not going to spend that kind of. Inee on something I can't savor.

    Also pretty much everything I go shopping for myself I buy something, take it home, decide I don't like it and the go exchange it for kid clothes. Seriously I'm lame and look like a hobo in my old faded clothes.

    Can't wait for the weight loss stories. I love reading those. I've only got about 6 more lbs to go of the 60 yes 60 pounds I gained while preggo. I'm pretty happy with that. I'm one of those lucky ones that breast feeding helps that and dieting and working out too, I guess I don't give myself enough credit.

    Holy super long comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coffee maker is #1 on my list this year - and I only started drinking coffee about 15 months ago. I don't know how people can function without it.
    Ah, the mall and target alone? That is like a mini vacation.
    Hope you feel better soon! Being sick is no joke when with kid(s).

    ReplyDelete
  14. KP LOVES PJs and OMG when we get dressed it's torture which is why we declare a lot of days PJ days. It's just not worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My cousin does the matching stuff with her girls even though they are far apart in age (7 & 2). Now it's mostly special occasions or church but when the youngest was a baby she did it a lot more. It looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My girls rock the matching outfits ALL the time, and I'm enjoying it while it lasts, because I think it's the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My Christmas list is lame like that, too. I drew the line at putting a toy storage shelf on my list and put it on Gwen's instead :) But to be honest? Many of Gwen's gifts are more evalyn appropriate which may be unfair but I just DO NOT need more 6-12mo age range toys. I KNOWWW how fast she will be past this stage and how little use they will get so I just prefered people to get things that Eva will like now and they cancshare ... things that they will both get use out of for years to come.

    ReplyDelete