Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I feel better, so much better.

Doc McStuffins fans, anyone? It's basically my whole life right now, so I cannot get the songs, phrases, sayings out of my head. Hello, toddler mom.

But I do. I feel better today.


We just got home from running the Turkey Trot 5K, and it was my husbands first official race---and it was fun! I honestly didn't know how I'd do. But like usual, I end up pacing right alongside my sister, we run so well together--and we didn't stop. Not once.

It felt so good. Really good. We weren't fast, but we were consistent--and really, that's all that matters. My back held up great while running (afterwards though? OUCH)--but I'm okay with that, I'll deal.

Right around the 2.8'ish mark my sister started encouraging me about how awesome it is that I'm out here, running already, not even having a 4 month old, and told me it was inspiring. I believe she used the term "kick-ass mom", which I love her for. I'm not sure I'd say all that, but it was still nice and it kind of made me tear up a little and gave me that umph to finish strong.

My goal was to run a 5K by December 1st after having Lucy....and it feels good to accomplish that. We have another race (for Girls on the Run) on December 2nd, too.

The guys went ahead and finished about 7 minutes ahead of us. But it was fun to have them there cheering us on as we came in.

So? I feel kind of good today. On a little bit of a runners high. Still de-thawing a few hours later. Seriously, it was cold.

And now the holiday begins.

This afternoon, Thanksgiving meals with my family.

Tomorrow, Decorating for Christmas.

Saturday, Thanksgiving with his family.

Insert big huge holiday sigh (but a good one).

***

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for you.

12 comments:

  1. way to go! You look amazing! Wish I could find the courage/motivation to get off my butt and run ;)

    Congrats on accomplishing your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! I am hoping to get in shape for the Disney half marathon in February 2014. You are a great source of motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do not look like you just had a baby! Very encouraging! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! You are a kick-ass mom! Great job!

    And we have a lot of Doc McStuffins going on around here too lol. I'm the total same. Just out of the blue Ill start singing "time for your check up, time for your check up..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ROCK! So proud of you Katie! You're sister is totall right; you are pretty kick-ass. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seriously rock and you look amazing!! Get it Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all need to be running buddies on the regular!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, girl! I miss running terribly. I think I'll save my pennies for a used jogging stroller for my own Christmas gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a kick ass mama. I'm always inspired by your posts. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You rock! that's great. I was such a lazy a** at 4 months pp!!! haha! it took 3.5 for me to get up and exercise after my little man

    ReplyDelete
  11. The part about her encouraging you? Yeah, it totally made me cry. I wish I had a sister like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on the 5k! so glad that you"re back to running!

    ReplyDelete