Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Life lately...

When I don't write for a while, I get buildup. You know, like, where do I start? So then I end up with a hodge-podge. Like this will inevitably be.

There hasn't been anything pressing going on, really. Things have been kind of normal. Which has been great, actually. The normalness of life is where I learn to find true contentment. True gratitude about this place in life I'm in, when sometimes knee-deep, feels messy and exhausting, and needing a break from it all.

Life lately has been filled with toddler meltdowns (ironically, all happening after I wrote this ooze-fest about Emeline, NOT shocking...that's how this stuff works), followed up by the sweetest moments ever. It's weird how that works. I thank God for the juxtaposition. It helps makes The Crazy seem a little easier when The Sweet comes shortly after.

Life lately has been filled with a sweet little Lucy girl, who is now all grabby-grabs with her toys. One of my favorite stages ever. She is adorable and so fun, and it's a joy being her mom. I was reminded that this time, last year is when I wrangled my toddler in a Target Restroom and found out that, indeed, WE WERE HAVING A BAYYYBEEEE! Last Thanksgiving I strategically placed a wine glass in front of me, but Declan nonchalantly sipped on mine, so we wouldn't give away the big secret quite yet. I'm so glad she's here now, and it blows my mind every day that I have two kids. (I know, I should be used to this by now? I'm not. ha.)



Life lately involved giving up meats & sweets for a fast---and while it sounds hard (for some), it honestly was a ton easier than I anticipated. I didn't really miss meat. Which goes to show I could probably be okay if someone told me I could never eat meat again (fish doesn't count). Giving up sweets? Again, easier than I thought. It helped me kick my halloween-candy-habit to the curb, and lose a few pounds, too.

Life lately has Declan and I signed up for 5K on Thanksgiving morning. Yup, we'll be Turkey-Trottin' away for the sheer fact of being able to stuff our faces more later that afternoon. I guarantee the other 1,999 people there have the same reasoning as me. I'm pretty proud of my husband. A few months ago he decided to take up running, and of course, he's one of those 'set your mind to it' types, and now the dude runs about 10 miles a week. Which is a whole heck of a lot more than I do lately (ever).

Between the way my back is feeling and the fact I haven't really run that far in a while? It oughta be an interesting 5K. I'll be shocked if I can run the whole time, honestly--we'll see.

Life lately had me try on my size 6 skinny jeans, while scared to death---they pulled up, zipped and buttoned. I was in shock. Still am, actually. Totally afraid Thanksgiving and Christmas will ruin the good thing I got going here. Still 7lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight...slow and steady wins the race, right?  Just reminding myself that when Emeline wasn't even 4 months old I was stuffing my face like a pregnant lady, never even remotely "worked out", and was about 40 pounds heavier than I am right now. Baby steps.

4 wks/12wks/15wks postpartum
Life lately means wedding planning and prepping with my sister. Last weekend we went and tried on bridesmaid dresses and it felt amazing to fit into cute dresses and actually feel good. It was fun playing dress up and there is so much more fun weddingy stuff ahead. I love, love, love that this is my sisters special time...she deserves nothing but the best.

And life lately has me preoccupied, in a good way. With ways to make this holiday extra special for my kids. With explanations of What Is Christmas. With discussions about what being thankful means. With family returning home after long trips away.

...it's pretty good. So I may be there more than I'm here. And I'm okay with that.

****

Have a happy Tuesday...

16 comments:

  1. Seriously you look great. I hate you..lol. It took me 9 years to lose my baby weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kristi - you do look great but I know the feeling when you aren't happy with yourself. I am doing my first 5k on Thanksgiving too. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pics of Lucy, such a little cutie :-). The 5k on Thanksgiving idea is SO smart, makes for a guilt free holiday for sure!
    You look AMAZING girl, so impressed.
    The holidays must be so fun this year now that Emeline is older and can "get it" more!! I'm so looking forward to those days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the catch-up!!!! :) Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you kind of hate how guys can do that though, with the running? The first time I ran a 5k, I trained and trained...and sucked. Justin? A few days before the race, he was all, "Oh, I'll run with you!" No training. No biggie. And he rocked it. I was all sorts of angry-proud if there is such a thing!

    Also, your 4 weeks/12 weeks/15 weeks photo gives me all sorts of hope. For you, was it when you started WW again that you really started to notice a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are awesome. Great job on your weight loss. Maybe someday my size 6 skinnies will show their face again. probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to get my butt in gear and try the running thing again. It's been so busy that my work outs have suffered but a few weeks ago, I could walk/slow jog for about 30 minutes so maybe I'm ready to start training for a 5k? I think training with my husband would be great idea. You'll have so much fun running with him on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you with the weight loss! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great! my second baby is 8 months, and I keep losing the same five pounds over and over again. Booo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That has to be so fun to help your sister get ready for her wedding! And you look awesome girl! Have a happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do look great and I so enjoy reading about your family and your girls! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look amazing. and you'll kick butt on thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go on the jeans, and weight loss and Turkey Trot! Keep up the HARD work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I am the mom of TWO kids, and my son is already 19 months old. They never sieze to amaze you.

    You look totally awesome. 15 woks postpartum and you're only 7 lbs. away from your pre pregnancy weight, that's an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on making it into those size 6 skinnies. Woo hoo! Seriously, I'm 8 months pregnant and feel like a cow. I really hope I can find the motivation like you have to get this baby weight gone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck tomorrow! You'll do great! I haven't run in almost 3 weeks. I have got to get back out there! Also, my youngest is 7 months old and I still have a hard time believing he is here and I have two babies. TWO!

    ReplyDelete