Thursday, December 6, 2012

An awesome weight loss story: Begin Today

Remember when I said I wanted to share a few weight loss stories of friends who have inspired me? I think it's awesome and will really help keep us in check over the holidays. Below is a story of my blog friend, Emily. Check it out and give her a round of applause for being so awesome and dedicated? It takes so much work, and she's done it.
October 2011 vs October 2012
Hello all!!  I’m Emily.  AKA Mrs EyeCanSee from The Juice is Worth the Squeeze.  That’s me up there.  October 2011 vs October 2012.  Amazing the difference a year makes isn’t it!?  I want to thank Katie for letting me high jack her blog today so I can share with all of you my weight loss journey.  She was such a huge inspiration to me and so many others, I hope I can pay it forward and inspire some of you!

Struggling with weight is nothing new to me.  My chubby days started at the ripe old age of 9.  I’ve been up and down more times than I can count.  I’ve tried pretty much every single fad diet out there and they all worked great, but the weight never stayed off and I would end up right back where I started.  Most times even heavier.  I started 2012 at the heaviest weight I’d ever been wondering how I got there.



Katie and I go WAY back.  Like before we had kids WAY back.  In 2010 we went through pregnancies together through the blogosphere and like a lot of women, struggled with the extra baby weight that followed.  Last year I watched Katie throughout her whole journey.  From the day she joined Weight Watchers to the day she reached goal I admired her every step along the way.  I clearly remember sitting in my office the day she posted her final comparison pictures and being so proud she had done it.  I cheered her on through the ups and downs and prayed that I would one day find the spark, the motivation to do it too.  I wanted nothing more than to take that first step to being healthier.  I had even made one half assed attempt only to be back to my old ways no more than a month later.  I wasn’t ready.  My heart wasn’t in it.  It took me almost one more year to find the passion and dedication that Katie already had.

When I saw pictures of myself after the holidays last year I couldn’t believe what I saw.  How did I let it get so out of control?  I was tired of how sluggish and exhausted I felt all the time.  I was way too young to feel so old and tired.  I deserved so much better.  I went back and forth on how I wanted to tackle the journey that lay ahead of me.  Which crazy diet was I going to do this time?  But in the back of my head I kept thinking of Katie (And her sister too!!) and how they both rocked at Weight Watchers.  How it had changed their lives.  That’s what I needed.  I didn’t need another fad diet.  I needed something that was going to change me.  Change the way I eat.  Fix the unhealthy relationship I had with food.  I was going to do this.  2012 was going to be my year. 

It feels like just yesterday I was sitting on my couch that fateful Saturday morning in January.  Coat on.  Keys in hand.  Still nervous to walk through those WW doors.  So afraid of failing again, I didn’t even want to start.  There’s always tomorrow right?  For me, that first step was by far the hardest, but it’s been one of the best things I have ever done.  I now sit here, just 11 short months later, 85 pounds lighter!  85!  So close to my ultimate goal I can actually taste it!  Some days even I can’t believe it.  I do a double take when I see myself in the mirror.  Who is that SKINNY person staring back at me?  For the first time EVER I feel healthy.  I feel like I’ve got this.  I’ve finally learned how to eat right.  It’s been a long, hard road to get here, but worth every single mile. I am so proud of what I’ve accomplished.  So glad I finally realized that tomorrow needed to be today.


***

I have been so inspired by this lady and her dedication. Doesn't she look amazing? Thanks so much, Emily for sharing your story.

Follow along with the rest of her story over at her blog

19 comments:

  1. Wow! She is incredibly inspiring! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Emily totally inspire me! You both are amazing women. :') I cannot believe how similar mine and Em's stories are...

    Throughout the entire post, I just kept nodding my head. I get it. I've been there. That was me! Goodness!

    Keep on rocking it, Mommas! Stay blessed always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel like going for a run now! keep up the GREAT work Emily! you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Emily!! You have to feel so great!! And thanks for sharing Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing transformation and inspirational story. Thanks to both of you for sharing today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Great job! You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look incredible!!! Way to go!!! I just started WW myself on October 1 and like I told Katie these motivational stories couldn't have come at a better time. You are most definitely an inspiration as I feel like our stories are somewhat similar. Thanks so much for posting your story. Wow! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO proud of you Emily!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been having a pretty down in the dumps day, but Emily's story lifted me up. Way to go Emily!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Emily!!! This is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This actually made me cry. I needed this story today. It makes me feel like the tuna I just downed will be worth it in the end. Congrats on 85lbs Emily! Thank you for inspiring me. (Go Bucks!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you, Emily, for committing to being healthier! You look amazing, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So AMAZING!!!! That is wonderful!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Katie for sharing my story! I'm so glad I can help inspire others just like you inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am just loving the OHIO STATE gear! Go Buckeyes! :) (my alma mater).

    Awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...