Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentines Cards, easy peasy--but cute & fun.

I fully admit that when the letter came home to tell us about the preschool valentines party, I *might* have got a little excited. I mean, let's be honest--some of these fun little things are what I dreamed about when becoming a mom. I'm sure in five years I'll be kicking myself for saying that--but for now? I really, really like it.

I like getting the chance to use the craftiness in me. And also? Her class is small. So 9 Valentines Day cards? Easy. Now, when the days of 20+ students in a class happen, will I do this? Well, we shall see.

It all started with this picture.


I just knew it would be fun to use. So then I asked my photoshop savvy husband to put it in a heart shape for me (I know, I suck). I already had picked out little dinosaurs and ring bubbles (from walmart), and knew I wanted to incorporate them, but, I hadn't figured out how. 

After deciding to use something with the cliche "DINO-mite" and something with "blowing kisses", I went to work.

I made a design in picmonkey.com (seriously, so easy), and then printed them on cardstock. I cut them out, then with a dab of hot glue applied either the dinosaur figurine or the bubbles. (I'm fully aware girls like dinosaurs, too--but I let Eme decide on what she wanted, so I'm okay with that.)

I really wanted to incorporate SOME candy. Come on, it's Valentines day. So, I put them in little goodie bags with some oversized smarties, and tied off with yarn. The names of the kids are on the back ;)

I then realized the teachers names were on the list, too. Fail. I had enough bubble rings to make her two female teachers the lady-valentine, buttttt----decided it would take a few extra seconds to set them apart. As you can see above, I ended up using Pixy Stix and a little catchy phrase (okay, the only thing I could think of using the word "stix" in it--a little far? maybe?)

To be honest, I had a whole bag of Pixy Stix in my pantry already. So that's the only reason I used them. I think it turned out kind of fun, anyway.

***

I don't know why, but there's just something about making things for "her class" that really makes me finally feel like WHOA I'M A MOM. I know, I know. It's just preschool. But still. 

Just wanted to share, because they are so easy and you could do something simple like this, too!

xoxo

36 comments:

  1. These are SO great and simple! And I Love how excited you are about them. Such a good Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!! Great job. Don't worry I get excited to do this stuff for kaylee and her little friends at school. It would be nice if kaylee only had 9 ppl n her class she has like 25.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the cutest thing ever!!! i love it :) so fun and creative, but looks super simply. you are such a fun momma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the EXACT same way. Miss Bella goes to preschool two days a week and i was ECSTATIC to do something for valentines day. We assembled the bags together last night with the catchy phrase of "valentine i'm glad we are in the same school" with gold fish crackers in the bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO creative, girlfriend! I love these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so so cute! reading this reminded me of this ... http://dustinandtara.blogspot.com/2010/02/valentine-party.html ... haha ... so i had to go back and read it and decided to share. fun [now] memories. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable! Great job! Love them! I love making things like this for his class too! Hoping February is a lot slower than January so I can find some time to do them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so cute! Wish I were that creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute!! And btw, every time I come to visit your blog and see that picture of Lucy in the glasses in your header, I crack up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so creative. My butt would've been at Target buying pre-made Valentines, fo sho'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pinning this. So so cute. And yes, something about doing these things gives you that surreal, "Holy crap, I'm a mom" feeling. lol. Got that same feeling when I did Christmas gifts for Noah's therapy teachers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO cute! I've been brainstorming ideas to make a little Valentine from Sam too. He has no "class" to give them too, so I'll probably just mail them to my friends. Lame, but whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so awesome!!! Great job! I totally know what you mean. When Izzys library story class had a Halloween party and the parents were all asked to bring a treat, I may have let out a tiny squeal to myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! Kudos to you for finding the time to make these with two little ones on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are absolutely precious!! Love the sayings and the craftiness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUCH a sweet idea! I hope I'm this creative when my kiddo's in school :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love them! You are so creative! I'm sure the students and teachers will love them!!! Good job! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are amazing, you must have a great printer?! You have the best taste, seriously! And I wouldn't be able to cut a picture into a heart either.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are the cutest things!!! What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are adorable! i have got to get my act together...pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love them!!! I'm so glad to hear you used pic monkey...makes me feel like I *might* be able to do something like that! And the picture of emeline? I die at the cuteness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're the cutest mom ever :) I adore that picture of Eme!

    ReplyDelete
  24. If I were a bettin' woman, I'd say these are going to explode on Pinterest. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are ridiculously cute. When Logan was in preschool, I did something similar but I melted crayons into heart shapes to make special crayons. This year? I bought Avengers valentines from the dollar store for both of them. Between the two of them, they have almost 40 classmates!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute idea! I'm sure Emeline's classmates will love them. I would like to do something fun and homemade for my son's class, but finding something he and I can both agree on, and staying within my small budget for 26 kids... that's the hard part!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Seriously!? So absolutely cute! I love it - all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are soo cute. Please give more tips on how you used picmonkey to create these. I went there and was clicking on a few options, but wasn't getting what you have. Would love any tips.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow, I LOVE these! Thanks for sharing!

    Also, I feel like those Whoa I'm a mom moments will keep happening. Crazy how when that first year goes by you think that it. But really, it'll happen in every little moment like this. Crazy, beautiful ride :)

    ReplyDelete