Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

The goings-on of what's going-on.

Lucy turned 7 months old yesterday. Or today. I'm still super confused by this whole "born on the 29th" business. It's not fair. She got gypped a birthday. Well, not technically--but, you know. I tried to play the card that maybe I could deny she was turning a month older but was told it doesn't work that way. Darn.

At 7 months old she is still obsessed with the boob, hated sleep up until a few days ago, liking solids, loves her feet and can suck on her big toe like the best of 'em, can get to anything-she-wants-anywhere, is basically crawling, although it's slightly gimpy, goes from sitting into crawling position, obsessed with her big sister, sweet as pie, and captures the attention of all passer by'ers. How's that for an update?


I haven't gotten to talk much about my sisters wedding or the fact of just how stinkin' excited I am about it. It's coming up SUPER!SOON! (april 14) and her shower is this weekend. I've been working like a bandit trying to make it beautiful and add little touches, and it's one of those things where I'm praying it comes together the way it looks in my head, you know?

Her wedding is going to be amazing. I am under strict oath not to talk about many details--however, there is a wedding show that wants my sister, and it's all not "definite" yet--but, yea, there's a chance you will be seeing bits of her wedding on TV. That's all I can really say about that for now.

I will say, though--I feel like that means I should lose another 10lbs if the whole "the camera adds 10lbs" rule is legit, because, umm.....I want my potential 5 minutes of TV fame to be good, darn it. I kid, sort of. 

Okay. My big girl.

Just this week she woke up from a nap, came down the steps, hugged my neck so tight and I twirled her messy-bed-headed-pj'ed-for-naptime-self around as she squealed, "Mom, I missed you so so much! I had such a good nap. I don't feel tired anymore! I'm all better!" And I just thought, DANG. My kid is so grown up now.

My little itty baby 6lb 10oz baby is a big girl. With big thoughts. Big sentences. A big heart. And, admittedly, sometimes a big attitude. I love her, so much. And it's absolutely insane how one second I can live in absolute bliss with her sweet little self, and the next second I'm all ohmygoshisitbedtimeyet?

You know what that goes to show me? That I'm normal. Human. That I have a toddler who's almost 3. If it was any other way I'd probably question myself. But the fact that one minute I consider giving her a magic pill that keeps her pint-size, and the next minute I'm praying for naptime to get here makes me feel completely normal. As weird as that sounds. Toddlerhood is way, way weird.

Wouldn't change it for the world though. Okay, less time-outs would be nice. More "listening the first time", less sass--but, you get it.

Lastly, I like you guys. I like this blog. I like to come and go as I please now. I've found a peace with that, and it feels---good. I really like to write, but not everything is going to be eloquent (okay, nothing really is), and perfectly thought out. Like this post. And many others.

It's obvious that I enjoy pretty pictures and happiness and small moments of bliss in my day. I'm also human and have flaws like whoa, and bad days, and yea. I think that's why we like each other, you and me. Because we can share that. The ups, the downs, and know it's all normal to keep in fine balance.

Just want to say, thanks for keeping it real, and letting me do the same. We're a good team.

**

I hope you have a fabulous weekend, and I really hope to be back with some pretty pictures of my sisters shower. Cross your fingers it turns out lovely :)

23 comments:

  1. OMG just the little details I've seen of Susan's wedding stuff has me excited! I can't wait to see it all! I just know, between you and her, it's going to be breath-taking! Have a fabulous weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fast and furious update in the girls and life. Good luck with the shower. I've got no doubt it will be beautiful, fantastic, and nothing less than awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Susan! That's so exciting. I can't believe the wedding is only a month and half away Best of luck with shower. I have not doubt that it will be amazing.

    And your girls... so incredibly adorable (those pics are awesome!). You hear a million times before you have kids how fast time will fly, but until you actually have them I don't think you realize just how fast. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome that a show wants to possibly film your sister's wedding!!! I just know the shower will turn out beautifully too! Thanks for blogging and keeping it real. Bc your right, there is good and bad in everyone's day, especialy with growing toddlers in the home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the reasons I love your blog is because it's all about you. It's not fluff or BS and that's what happens when you post sporadically. Something doesn't happen every single day, so if you can't find the time or energy to blog, it's no big deal. I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing all these "Win a $500 visa card" things where you have to follow 20 bloggers to even be eligible. Your blog is a breath of fresh air.

    I am also so jealous if your sister. You are the sister I always wanted but never had (which is sad, because I do have an older sister who is planning my wedding shower, but she's doing it because she likes to plan parties and how it makes her look. Not because she loves me and wants to do it for me.) The two of you are so lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see Susan's shower!! All the stuff on the Insta' has been so cute. So I'm sure the shower will be AMAZEBALLS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this blog as much as you love us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're still writing. And I totally understand, I'm in the same boat with my blog. I'm just glad to have it for prosperity's sake and to document the little things that could easily be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that you still write. As much or as little as you want. I just recently found your blog and I love it. Your girls are so very adorable. Be you...that's all you can be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in the same place with my blog at the moment. Just coming and going as I please. It really IS nice.
    I'm crossing my fingers Susan gets on TV... it'd be so fun to see the wedding!!

    And the way you described the toddler stage? Yeah, totally there with ya. Lucy however is at my favorite baby stage. Still so much a baby, but so adorable and interactive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much happiness in this post! I feel like Eme and Ethan would be a riot & a half together. I feel like it was just last year I was first following your blog, and you were about to have her. Sigh...these kids...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot wait to see the beautiful details of Susan's shower and wedding! The Witmer ladies have style for sure ;) And Eme looks so big in that picture! Your girls are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. have a wonderful time throwing her shower! it's going to be beautiful, I'm sure. And, I'm so glad to "hear" you say that you like this blog again... we like you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this little update! I am so freaking excited about bridal shower pictures! I know it's going to be fab. You have crafty brain. I also so hope she gets on the show. It would be so fun to see her get married. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to see bridal shower pictures!!! I hope it turns out exactly how you have envisioned! Also, emeline looks like she has gotten so tall! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to see the bridal shower pics! I hope it turns out exactly how you are envisioning it!

    I love when you share little snippets of emeline's conversations. Her joy is even contagious through reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emeline looks SO big in that picture! She looks like a kid now! Crazy how it's exciting on one hand but that you sort of want to freeze time on the other huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so happy for Susan. She deserves such a wonderful day.

    Holy Cow! Emeline is so grown up! So funny. Monroe said the same thing to me when he woke up from nap. He said a million sweet things today-every thing he's heard us say before :) Of course, yesterday I wanted to rip my hair out and he just laughed in my face. I'm just trying to prep myself because I keep hearing that 3 is a real whirlwind.

    I'm glad you're still writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe how big the girls are getting, especially Eme. She is such a little lady now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Babies, weddings and toddlers, oh my! Loved these updates. Cannot wait until we can hear more wedding and shower details!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your girls are so cute and Em's outfit is soooo freaking adorable. You sure know how to dress your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yes, one min they are shooting from our loins (yum) and the next they are asking for the car keys...

    i'm serious i don't blink but they still grow before my eyes

    love me some L pics...cole turns 7 months on friday and i STILL can't get the boy to eat solids...ever since he nearly died eating oatmeal the child screams when a spoon is near him...(sad face)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay, the baby toes in that photo of your sweet babe? Well, I can just barely take it!! She is so very precious. I just love this age... :)

    ReplyDelete