Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A sunshine high.

I'm starting to get that feeling, that one that rises up in my throat (no, not acid reflux thankyouverymuch) when I feel like I'm being swallowed alive by things and to-do's. The thing is, it's all good stuff. Amazing stuff, actually. We're talking wedding is THIS weekend, people. This is big. And happy. Beyond happy actually. My big sister is getting married.

And yet, while we're so crazy busy these days with everything, I'm still finding the time to do good things for my soul. I'm spending more time exercising. More time with my girls. Enjoying first soccer practices with Em. Being more intentional about little, special things, spending more time planning out our calendar and grabbing a drink with a friend late night and catching up, or whatever. And it's good.

We've (finally) been blessed with some spring-like weather, and I'm going to do one of those dump & run's now. These photos make me happy. It doesn't matter that we just came from the gym, there is no makeup on my face, my hair looks ridiculous, or that Lucy has sweet potatoes smashed into her hair. After dinner last night, we made time to just sit and blow bubbles on the deck. Enjoy the last bit of sunshine for the day. It feels good to be busy, yet somehow feel like I'm still living fully in each moment. I'm sure it'll all come crashing down on me next week when I realize just how behind on life I am. But for now, I'm ok and I'm enjoying.

 





I do miss writing more often, though. I miss that lots. I hope to get back to it.

For now, I shall channel my writing mojo into one hell of a matron of honor speech. K? Wish me luck.

Until next week, friends.


*** Since Google Reader is gone July 1st, I've switched to Blog Lovin--so make sure to click below to keep following.
Follow on Bloglovin

22 comments:

  1. You look like such a happy family. I love that.
    Good luck with the speech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE those pictures of you and Lucy. So sweet. Can't wait to see all of the pics from Susan's wedding (and see it on TV!!) - Good luck with your speech, I'm sure you'll do great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are priceless!!! I love it! It is always nice to see you in the photos, besides iphone photos. yay for your sis' wedding this weekend. Maid of honor speeches from a sister mean the world, trust me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are the best! Good luck with the wedding stuff...know that will keep you busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures of you and Lucy?! I'm dead! She is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear and see all that involves the wedding. I've been married 7 years to the most amazing man and would marry him all over again. Love weddings!I bet you have the cutest outfits for your girls picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ones of you and Lucy? Cannot handle. Such a sweet, happy family y'all are!
    We're doing the same thing around here. Lots of water table fun, bubbles, and gardening. :)

    Have fun with the last minute wedding stuff!!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last pic is just adorable, and I love your headband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you have pictures of you and your girls in your workout clothes. You are setting good examples for your girls!!

    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I can't wait to see pictures of this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously?!?? You just came from the gym? You look great, I'm a horrible mess when I leave there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my! i saw these pics on IG, but that doesn't do them justice! your girls are just darling! and, might i add...you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEK! Those photos are to die for! Beautiful family! So excited to hear all about the wedding this weekend...and OH MY GOODNESS it's so exciting that you will be on TLC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i can just about hear baby's laughter coming straight thru my computer screen. so amazing!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cute, sweet pictures!! Have a wonderful weekend celebrating your big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  15. goodness those pics with your girls make my heart melt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That last picture is my favorite! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok Katie, quick question. What do program do you use to create your photo collages? I've been doing small edits to photos in iphoto or picasa (I'm not ready for photoshop yet) but neither have a good way to put together a photo collage that I like.

    BTW, I fully plan on not getting a response until after your amazing weekend is over, have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that last pic. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete