Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Truths. Add busy to my busy.

I want to write so bad. But other things are occupying my time right now along with regular life, work, and it just being a busy season in general.

These are my excuses:

Sucked in

(a conversation from last night)

Declan: Babe, that show sounds dreadful and boring, just from me overhearing it.

Me (captivated): Are you kidding me??? It's like Real World of the 1900's! 

[On Downton Abbey]

Can't stop myself. 

***

Wedding

11 days. My sister is getting married in 11 days. There is stuff to do, people to see, things to be planned, parties to be had, people---and life.is.busy.

***

Gym

I joined one. And now I go. My kids can go with me and be watched by complete strangers (darling ladies, actually, in a room that they think is the bomb dot com by the way) while I get a workout in.

Forget trying to finagle working out right after putting them down for a nap, and then one getting up, ruining it anyway. This is the better end of the deal. Today, after I take Em to preschool I'm totally going to drop Lucy off at childcare and then shake my thang at Zumba. And preparing myself to look and feel like a total idiot, too.

All for the sake of a little sweat.



***

If I could figure out a way to watch Downton WHILE I workout at the gym? Then THAT would surely free up some more time.

:)


*** Since Google Reader is gone July 1st, I've switched to Blog Lovin--so make sure to click below to keep following.
Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Downton Abbey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man i wish i had a gym with childcare near by!! also when i started to watch downtown i finished like the 2 seasons in 2 weeks. I'm not sure how but i was not sleeping at night cause i could not catch up and i couldn't stop!. And my husband said something similar to Declan but with eye rolling and a face. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for joining a gym! I almost did a few months ago, but talked myself out of it because I felt guilty about the childcare thing... But, you are SO right. I want Sam to know that I am healthy and take care of myself + he is always looking for new people and places to play with/in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working out during naptime is the HARDEST thing for me to try and accomplish right now, I think I might need to suck it up and join a gym with childcare. 11 days ahhh! It is going to be perfect : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Downton Abbey is AWESOME! I wrangled my hubby into watching with me though... Keep working on Declan, and maybe he'll come around! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Mommy Blogger! Just found you! Love your story and your faith! Glad to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *stomps feet*

    I want a gym membership with childcare and I want it now!!!

    (that sounds awesome).

    ReplyDelete
  8. *stomps feet*

    I want a gym membership with childcare and I want it now!!

    (that sounds awesome).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I joined the gym back in February and love the daycare part of it. Like you said...someone else watches your kids, you get a little Mom time, AND you get your fitness on. I also just started doing Zumba when I started the gym and I LOVE IT!!! And you might feel weird the first couple times you do it, but trust me everyone does and the more you do it, the more comfortable you will feel! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jealous!! I want to join a gym but can't stop dragging my feet to do it! I guess I am so busy that it is just 1 more thing to make me go crazy! I actually am enforcing the "no Internet after 6pm rule" too, so that when the kids go to bed I have time to catch up on TV! Ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I caught the downton abbey bug a few months ago and I watched all 3 seasons in like 2 weeks. I got a lot done :)

    Girlfriend, take your ipad to the gym! Won't work during a class, but you can totally do any other machine and watch Downton!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE Zumba. It's amazing, and doesn't even feel like a workout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Downton Abbey & Zumba, two of my favorite things! Declan doesn't know what he's missing! My hubby watches Downton with me & loves it!

    ReplyDelete