Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

a little 4th action

I'm not a recapper. But I haven't been taking my camera out much recently and I'm trying to get myself in the habit again. It's pathetic, really. My phone is just so much easier. But I really need photos larger than instagram format one day, you know? :)

Anyway. We had a nice, easy going day. After I kicked myself in the butt at the gym by doing the one and only class offered that morning, Body Combat--we went off to my parents for a lunch cookout.

The kids sprayed my Pops--he didn't stand a chance.

 Lucy got her normal Pop Pop lovin'. These two are quite the pair.


The cousins were crazy cute together. The older girls are all getting to an age where they're playing so nice together and we caught them marching around having their own parade in the yard, having squirt gun fights, and just enjoying each other. 

This will be the last pic with just 5 cousins--because my sister-in-law, Kesh is expecting her 4th baby (a boy!) any day now. We're all excited for another squishy babe around here.

lucy's face staring at my parents dog just makes me laugh :)

After all this fun, we went to get the girls napped--and while they were napping? We went to town with the power washer on our house and deck. We're getting it all ready for a weekend of staining. Don't be jealous. 

Once the kids woke up (like super-duper late), we killed some time at another local fair. I ate amazing fries and gross pizza, and don't feel all that bad about it. Oh, a sno-cone, too.

We're watching fireworks tonight so we didn't take her out last night, instead we watched Monsters Inc at home on the couch all cozy. Halfway through, we heard fireworks, ran outside, and turns out our neighbors put on a massive display for us. Pretty sure my kid thought that was the coolest thing ever. I was, however, slightly scared our homes would catch fire. The good news is, we're all in one piece this morning and the homes still stand.

Hope your 4th was filled with fun, too.

happy, happy weekend, loves.




Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. Such cute pics.. :)

    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day!! I am glad your house is still standing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em's bathing suit kills me! Love the family pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy is looking more and more like Eme. She still has her own look, but I could really see the resemblance in these shots.

    And, you are looking great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to your SIL on adding a new little one to the extended family! for the sake of the sad little man in the picture, I hope it's another boy to keep him company. :)

    Also? I have always wanted to do a gym class. any class. I just could never work up the courage to do it. #scardycat

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to your SIL on adding a new little one to the extended family! for the sake of the sad little man in the picture, I hope it's another boy to keep him company. :)

    Also? I have always wanted to do a gym class. any class. I just could never work up the courage to do it. #scardycat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like so much fun! Next year we plan to attempt fireworks with our little ones.
    Btw, you look gorgeous. I'm in love with your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such fun pics! as usual, i totally want to be adopted into your family ;)

    also, you look great lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that Kesh's last baby with the girls?? That can't be! It seems like he was just born! Y'all have such cute kids. :)

    And I love fairs too. We just don't have nearly as many as you guys do, so I'm kind of jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy is at that SO super cute age. She is precious in that dress. Well, the whole family is actually.

    Glad you had a good (house still standing) 4th!

    ReplyDelete