Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

I'm there not here.

Earlier last week my friend Tahnie from A Happy Girl asked me to guest post on her blog. I hardly do guest posts (okay, I never do anymore)--because I just don't have the time. But this girl just pricks at my heart in ways I can't explain, she is such a fighter and I really just adore her sweet heart.

Wait until you see what she made me write. It was challenging and stretching to say the least.

I wrote all this prior to losing my Father-in-law, obviously. Trust me, this week I have no time for extra writing. It's been...very tough, to say the least. Speaking of which, thank you for the love and prayers poured out on my family during this time. I read each comment. We feel the prayers. Those of you have reached out and actually helped us in a practical way, too--I love you. There are truly no words other than thank-you, a million times over. A hot meal is such a labor of love. A gift card for the family. Flowers. Fresh cookies and bread. Little things like that show you care and are thinking of us mean more than you know.

Thank you.

Check out my post at A Happy Girl here. 



Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Really loved that post! What an amazing thing to do, reading your blog and having 2 little girls of my own...I have learned to watch the negative self talk. Thank you. Gives me even more to think about...and implement! Also...deepest sympathies to your family for the loss of your father in law. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great post! As I was reading it I imagined what I would say to myself if I was writing the same letter to myself. I am not sure it's something I could do with such grace and eloquence. You have a real knack with words. It is tough for people to really look at themselves and see the good and better yet, to say it out loud for all the world to see/hear. And from what I have seen through your blog you are definitely setting a great example for your daughters, and by extension their children as well. it is truly am important thing for there to be more positive self image talk out there. Thank you for sharing with us always. Again, I am so sorry for the loss of your father-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are magnificent dear girl. Thank you, thank you. I'm going to tackle a love letter to myself next week. ;)

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete