Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The going ons of what's going on.

This week we're just trying to get back to somewhat normal. Of course, our life is not the normal we were used to before Declan's dad passed away. It just won't and can't be the same. It shook us to our core, especially my husband, and I am so grateful for the prayers for him, his family--and the continued prayers, too. Those who have been there know that losing a parent is just awful, and so hard. We are taking everything one day at a time.

The service for him on Saturday was so special and honoring and I know that it helped us all in a way, as hard as it was. At the end, Emeline sang two verses of Amazing Grace. She's not scared of a packed Church. She grabbed the mic, and said "mom, I wanna do this all by myself, go back there" (well ok then) and then belted out those verses like it was her job.

All I have is an instagram picture and a crappy phone quality (that's not even the original) text'ed to me. SOoooooo here you go.


It's been hard to really focus on the fact that in 5 days, I HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD. But that's the case and I can't deny it any more. I've been putting off her party planning because, mainly, I've been drained from this week, as is everyone else--emotionally and physically. So I still just have a box full of birthday stuff sitting here in my kitchen, hoping our little family party can somehow come together on Sunday.

I have a one-coat painted highchair. It needs another coat. I haven't planned the food, the cake, and I've not done proper birthday pictures for her. But last week, while I needed a mini distraction--I attempted some birthday pics and here are my favorites.

Headband and Romper from The Hairbow Company--check them out, such crazy good deals!

(I may or may not have given her a huge lollipop to distract her--don't worry she only got a few licks :) )
You know what's kinda cool? When new life comes at the perfect time.

I think God knows what he's doing. Last weekend I got to spend some time photographing a new baby for some friends of ours. I needed those newborn snuggles bad. Then, I got the news yesterday morning that my friend Ash had her little girl, who I also have the privilege of photographing this weekend. THEN, I became an aunt for the SIXTH (!!!) time last night, as my brother and his wife welcomed their 4th little person, Evan Keith.

I had the chance to put Lucy down and rush to the hospital to take a few of those freshy-fresh pics.



There's something about those first hospital moments that are so dang precious it almost makes me consider getting pregnant again. But not for a long, loooong time.

Welcome to the family, Evan.

As much as I don't advertise being a (P)hotographer, there are lots of times I kick myself for not having a blog just for documenting the pretty photos I've been getting for the random shoots I've been doing for friends and family. I think I'll add that (ha!) to my to-do list (yea right).

happy wednesday.

Follow on Bloglovin

24 comments:

  1. Oh that video of Eme made me tear up, what a sweet sweet girl you have there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy looks absolutely adorable in her birthday pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy looks absolutely adorable in her birthday pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Eme's singing sooooo precious and uplifting during such a heartbreaking time. Those pictures of Lucy are adorable.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, stoppit - that video is the CUTEST thing.

    Congrats again on the 6th little one! My SIL just had my (ha, my) 7th...and that's only one my side. Jarrod has 2 on his. Being an aunt is fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emeline's song is so perfect. And I love all the baby pics- Lucy and Evan. So, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em is so precious and definitely knows how to sing it out! My heart goes out to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You take amazing photos' and you posts always have inspiration in them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That video of Eme made me tear up and gave me chills. Such a precious moment. She is such a rockstar! :) And he little voice, oh my ovaries!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eme's sweet little voice just melted me.

    And, Lucy is ADORABLE in that romper with her little "I'm so cute, but so much trouble" grin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautituful pictures!! That video is adoarble!
    My 2 owls

    ReplyDelete
  12. How precious- all of the pics on this post!! If I lived in your area, I would hire you in a heartbeat!! So, when is your next kid? We are probably on the same page. I have 2 girls and want another baby, just not for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That video of E is just the sweetest thing ever. Keeping you all in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet thing Eme is! And as you know ALL! THESE! BABIES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Been thinking and praying for you guys often.

    Lucy is just the cutest, of course. Cannot believe she's going to be ONE. Craziness.

    And yes, you need a separate space for your (P)hotography. You're too talented NOT to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eme is so cute with her sweet singing heart. Lucy's pictures kill me. Just the cutest. I'm sure your party will come together, it always does. Oh and yay for babies! My sister-in-law is pregnant and I'm counting the days until I can hold that squishy newborn!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh bless her heart, Em's song was beautiful! You must be one proud mama. And I love Lucy's photos. Love the red. Love the smudgy face. Love the garland. Love love love. Love you too, by the way. :) Hope you all are doing alright. Thinking about you all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much beauty and LIFE in this post, I can hardly stand it.

    And I think you have a little performer on your hands there, my friend.

    Still praying....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness. Eme singing. Oh my heart.

    Lucy? Too stinkin' cute. I can see her personality just oozing.

    And careful with the Photography ads...I posted just a few of those little canvases and have sold ten this week. I'm constantly covered in paint. And your photos are WAY better than my silly canvases. You better practice saying "no!" HA! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So much beauty and LIFE in this post, I can hardly stand it.

    And I think you have a little performer on your hands there, my friend.

    Still praying....

    ReplyDelete
  22. That video is absolutely beautiful. What a truly heart wrenching moment that I know you are so proud of. You are raising one amazing little girl! (well, two actually!) Lucy looks adorable in that red. Her party will be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. As much as I love your blog (and I do!), I would definitely follow a separate blog dedicated to your photography. Your pictures really have pushed me into using my DSLR and attempting to learn, after many years of using auto mode. I love seeing your images, professional or not. You capture life as it is and that's a skill.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that video is so amazing. What a sweet,brave girl she is!

    ReplyDelete