Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Bullet Points from my Sister's TV Debut (and then I'm done talking about it, I swear)

My sister and her husband Jeff held a watch party for the debut last night. It was so super fun and high energy to be watching with so many people. My sister looked sooooo pretty and if I heard any resounding comments about her during the show via social media it was that she maintained herself with class and dignity, was kind to the other girls, and was overall just plain fun to watch. (also that was a huge run on sentence, I'm well aware) I could not agree more. Now you all know why I love her SOOOO much? She's amazing.

Many of you asked about watching it online. TLC doesn't air their full episodes online, however in a few days, it should be available for download on iTunes and if you can spare the $2.99 it's worth it to see. It will be episode 15, I believe-something about a phantom in the title. You're welcome.


Here are my summary of thoughts:


  • Right off the bat, my sister's first interview? I died at how gorgeous she looked. Like, WOW. Gorgeous, drop, dead gorgeous. I will take credit for her beautiful hair. I curled it for her that day. Amazing, right? I know, I'm pathetic. Fun fact, that interview was just 2 days before her wedding. Actually, it was the day of her bachelorette party. She had just gotten her spray tan for the wedding, and she was glowwwwing. Literally and figuratively. She was smokin'.
  • Her wedding was actually the first one all the girls attended. So it was in the correct sequential order. They called her ceremony a "methodist ceremony", and that couldn't be further from the truth. They did, however, use a methodist church--but just because it's pretty. They are not Methodist. The announcer dude messed that up. 
  • How beautiful were their vows??? (well, the small clip you saw?)
  • Wished they had explained the foot washing a little bit more or let Susan's interviews of the foot-washing be aired. Hoping it didn't cause confusion. It was such a beautiful part to the service and so, so special. 
  • I was beyonddddd disappointed that they did not show Emeline and all the other little nieces/nephews/kids involved in this wedding at all. My theory is that Susan's ceremony was what they really focused on (the foot washing, the great vows, etc)--and so they spent time on that versus showing bridesmaids and flower-girls walk in. I reeeeeally wanted to catch a glimpse of my kids and was so bummed not to see them. They spent SO MUCH TIME video'ing them and I just am flabbergasted that they didn't end up on here at all. It really seemed like they were going to focus on Susan's wedding being "the family wedding", they had even asked the brides about the kids, and they thought they were so cute, etc. But they didn't end up mentioning it on film at all. 5-7 minutes per wedding is just not enough.
  • Knowing the behind-the-scenes of each wedding (from my sister) is kinda fun. And again, you barely get a glimpse of how the day went through the short clips. But whatever.
  • My sister seemed to get the most air time for the behind the scenes interviews. Or did I just think that?? I think it's because she's so personable, well poised and well spoken. She's clear and concise. Not to mention, adorable. 
  • Since when is Zucchini a fancy vegetable?
  • I had most of the appetizers at the wedding and they were actually really good. The venue was sort of new'ish and there was some issues with the food, which obviously sort of bummed my sister and her husband out. But it's all good.
  • My sister has THE BEST facial expressions. We are a very expressive family, what can I say.
  • One of my favorite lines was when my sister had to school the girls about the band being hipsters. Clearly, they were not dressed 50's. Hilarious.
  • The cherubs? Really?
  • I'm sure everyone was slightly bummed that she didn't win 1st place. A close 2nd never hurts and winning in Best Dress was seriously the thing she wanted---so I am PUMPED she won that. Also, the tiny little clip of her all nerdy and laughing at the end in sheer glee over winning best dress? HANDS DOWN. FAVORITE PART.


What was your favorite part?? Were you bummed not to see Eme? I definitely caught myself in a few little clips here and there this morning. A few of me at the alter, one of me dancing. Nothing too long--which was FINE by me. I think my sister has a future in TV...no? :)

***

***I accidentally deleted a handful of these comments by one click of a button....so if you see your comments removed, I AM SO SORRY--complete accident :( ****

28 comments:

  1. I loved watching it! Susan came across as such a beautiful person, inside and out. I've always thought she was pretty from pics online, but she looked truly stunning, especially in her first intro/interview and at the wedding where she wore the black dress (and her own wedding, obvs). I thought she had a really good shot and the other girls seemed to like it (other than the girl who didn't like any of them). If Susan didn't win, I'm glad that Melissa did since I liked her wedding a lot too. I liked how different it was and that she did so much with a small budget. And I know it's mean, but I was glad to see Renee get last since she was so critical of the other 3 girls and gave them all such low score. A 3, 4, and 5? Those weddings all looked better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was DYING to see Emeline and bummed there was NO shot of any of the kiddos. Your sister was def the best spoken and well poised and just plane NICE. Not to mention prettiest and funniest of the bunch. That blonde girl was such a poor sport (in my opinion). And zuchinni is served in pretty much EVERY everywhere, def NOT a fancy vegetable. A FOUR, even my husband (whom I made watch it) was flabbergasted by that. UGH. She SO should have won. Everything was gorgeous, a beautiful day. The end was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. favorite parts ... "i like seafood ... but not fish" and her expression. seriously. died. and the hipster thing ... so funny. she was too cute! and so sweet to all the other girls. loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete