Many of you asked about watching it online. TLC doesn't air their full episodes online, however in a few days, it should be available for download on iTunes and if you can spare the $2.99 it's worth it to see. It will be episode 15, I believe-something about a phantom in the title. You're welcome.
Here are my summary of thoughts:
- Right off the bat, my sister's first interview? I died at how gorgeous she looked. Like, WOW. Gorgeous, drop, dead gorgeous. I will take credit for her beautiful hair. I curled it for her that day. Amazing, right? I know, I'm pathetic. Fun fact, that interview was just 2 days before her wedding. Actually, it was the day of her bachelorette party. She had just gotten her spray tan for the wedding, and she was glowwwwing. Literally and figuratively. She was smokin'.
- Her wedding was actually the first one all the girls attended. So it was in the correct sequential order. They called her ceremony a "methodist ceremony", and that couldn't be further from the truth. They did, however, use a methodist church--but just because it's pretty. They are not Methodist. The announcer dude messed that up.
- How beautiful were their vows??? (well, the small clip you saw?)
- Wished they had explained the foot washing a little bit more or let Susan's interviews of the foot-washing be aired. Hoping it didn't cause confusion. It was such a beautiful part to the service and so, so special.
- I was beyonddddd disappointed that they did not show Emeline and all the other little nieces/nephews/kids involved in this wedding at all. My theory is that Susan's ceremony was what they really focused on (the foot washing, the great vows, etc)--and so they spent time on that versus showing bridesmaids and flower-girls walk in. I reeeeeally wanted to catch a glimpse of my kids and was so bummed not to see them. They spent SO MUCH TIME video'ing them and I just am flabbergasted that they didn't end up on here at all. It really seemed like they were going to focus on Susan's wedding being "the family wedding", they had even asked the brides about the kids, and they thought they were so cute, etc. But they didn't end up mentioning it on film at all. 5-7 minutes per wedding is just not enough.
- Knowing the behind-the-scenes of each wedding (from my sister) is kinda fun. And again, you barely get a glimpse of how the day went through the short clips. But whatever.
- My sister seemed to get the most air time for the behind the scenes interviews. Or did I just think that?? I think it's because she's so personable, well poised and well spoken. She's clear and concise. Not to mention, adorable.
- Since when is Zucchini a fancy vegetable?
- I had most of the appetizers at the wedding and they were actually really good. The venue was sort of new'ish and there was some issues with the food, which obviously sort of bummed my sister and her husband out. But it's all good.
- My sister has THE BEST facial expressions. We are a very expressive family, what can I say.
- One of my favorite lines was when my sister had to school the girls about the band being hipsters. Clearly, they were not dressed 50's. Hilarious.
- The cherubs? Really?
- I'm sure everyone was slightly bummed that she didn't win 1st place. A close 2nd never hurts and winning in Best Dress was seriously the thing she wanted---so I am PUMPED she won that. Also, the tiny little clip of her all nerdy and laughing at the end in sheer glee over winning best dress? HANDS DOWN. FAVORITE PART.
What was your favorite part?? Were you bummed not to see Eme? I definitely caught myself in a few little clips here and there this morning. A few of me at the alter, one of me dancing. Nothing too long--which was FINE by me. I think my sister has a future in TV...no? :)
***I accidentally deleted a handful of these comments by one click of a button....so if you see your comments removed, I AM SO SORRY--complete accident :( ****