Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Apparently I can only write random-style. So be it.

Wow. I officially cannot pour my thoughts into one full-blown, cohesive blog post and instead it's random things, all the time. Mannnnnnnn. I have got to get my act together, but my brain has to follow along and that's just not working right now.

Whatever. We'll go with it. Some writing (for me) is better than none, I guess.

So. Did you watch Matthew Schuler on The Voice last night? If you are a fan of the show, then you KNOW this dude, because he is AWESOME. The cool part is my sister & her husband, Jeff are really good friends of his--and I met him at their wedding. Such a sweet heart he has, and my gosh, that VOICE. Fasted 4-chair turn in The Voice history. So. Now that you know by association someone on the show, will you vote for him weekly? :) There are so many ways to vote (and you have until 11AM EST today!). You can call in to 1-877-553-3709 up to 10x. You can vote on their site here. You can buy his Wrecking Ball cover from last night on iTunes (and that's worth 5 votes). Basically, one person can vote like 50x for someone. Awesome. So do it.


Funny and random Matthew story. At my sister's wedding, he was a crazzzzzyyyyy fun dancer (shocker, right?). Doing the worm, and break-dancing and what not. In fact, he for sure made some air time on my sister's Four Weddings episode. Emeline was so little and on the dance floor barefoot, and he accidentally stepped on her foot/ankle while dancing. HE FELT SOOOO BAD, poor guy. Like, was the sweetest thing ever to her. She was acting traumatized, and had a black and blue ankle for a while, and referred to him as "da boy who stepped on my leg at aunt susie's weddin'" FOREVER. haha. They're all good now, swear. And Emeline says to give him your vote, she's over it now. ;)

***

This morning my dog was laying on the couch right by my head. Something spooked him and he barked, that high-pitched, ermahgaaaah bark. DIRECTLY, I mean, directly in my ear. My eardrum is still ringing. It immediately made me see red. There is nothing quite like that. I immediately thought, OH THIS is how Wednesday is gonna be, huh? My dog can be such a jerk.


***

My body HATES me today. I don't tend to workout 2x in a day. Everrrrry once in a while when I'm feeling like I can, I will, or if I have the time. Yesterday morning I did a Sh'Bam class (it's a les-mills dance type cardio, which I don't really do anymore), and then Declan and I always go back for evening Bootcamp. Last night's class was Tabata.

Oh.my.bones. and muscles. you guys.

We did this. Each exercise 8x, for 20 intense seconds, with 10 seconds in between. Holy freak. I think my hips are out of socket today.


I'm trying to decide if I should be kind to my body today and rest a little, go walking with the girls, or something, not so, grueling. Or if I should just suck it up buttercup and go do body pump and kill my legs and bum even more. Sigh. Hard decisions.

***

Suddenly the weather is getting really cold, like, the kind of cold where you feel trapped and Oh my Gosh What I am Going to Do with Kids all Winter Long? 'Tis the worst season of the year for moms not to go insane. We miss the outdoors something fierce when it's too cold to be out a lot. It's the time of the year where I curse not having a real playroom, my house forever looks like an endless pit of toys, and I'm extra-thankful for Preschool days.

***

Speaking of Thanksgiving.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Favorite holiday, hands down.

Bring it on, Turkey. Bring it. I am thankful for you.

Also, this made me laugh. Like, a lot.



***

This. This morning.

"You have ballet tonight"
...."today??"
"Yes, tonight."
...."but, today?"
"Yes, today tonight."
......"YAY! I HAVE BALLET!"

Three year olds, man. Today & tonight. Same day, and yet--so confusing, right? :)

On that note. Go vote for Matthew Schuler. While I hobble around and try to get my sore butt dressed for the day.

Happy Wednesday!

14 comments:

  1. I'm probably one of those people your E-card is talking about! Bah! ;) But seriously, Thanksgiving is my favorite. Hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to check out the bootcamp at the Y now (joined last week and LOVE IT) mostly doing body pump. And the legs...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shbam! That's my favorite of the Les Mills classes (at least of the ones that my gym offers) and I feel it gets neglected by bloggers! Everyone always talks about Pump, but Shbam is so much fun. I like it better than most Zumba classes I've taken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In all honesty if you're super sore working out 2 days in a row is likely to do more harm than good. A walk would be a great idea to help get the build up out of your muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last thing....hilarious!!! I get 100% and Turkey Day! My FAVORITE! Bring on all the food and family!! And naps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may have taken me (embarrassingly) approximately 15 minutes to remember my password & sort through the contracts BUT! I ordered the song. I hope it wasn't too late, but either way... I will enjoy it :) Best of luck to him, he blew me away (and all the coaches) before I saw your sisters IG about knowing him. So cool! // I like when bloggers post randomy posts, they are authentic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That e-card is sooo true!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree more about the randomness... and I think I've figured it out. My brain can no longer operate in complete thoughts because I get interrupted by my children about 4567 times a day. mystery solved. Would you be shocked if I told you that in the middle of leaving this comment I had to go wipe my kids butt? hahaha exactly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love random posts! Seriously it's the only way my brain operates anymore. You kick butt with working out girl! It's nice that your husband participates too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apparently, I cannot leave comments from my phone! Because I have tried for your last 2-3 posts and nada. So, for you, I got out my macbook and came back to comment. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha November is my favorite month BECAUSE people stop complaining for a few weeks. Well, most of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. tee hee. We're working on today, tonight, tomorrow all of that now, too. Whenever I say today Monroe says, dis day? and if I say tonight, we have to go into the whole am I going to sleep first? is it going to be dark? The world is so much more confusing when you try to explain it to a newbie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes that ecard? So true. Which is why I decided to try to be thankful this month for the things that usually annoy me. It's hard man. Today I just might have to put my dog down as my thankful annoying thing. Cuz you know I have a Yorkie too and ohmygoooosh. Sometimes I want to strangle him. Does he do the howling/whiny thing too? Luke's voice sets him off so everytime Luke talks (which is a lot) the dog howls. Not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ps I enjoy your random posts so keep em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete