Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tradesies.

I'm not sure what's gotten into me but I'm finding myself much more drawn to this place this week than I've been in months.

I'm just gonna go with it--no pressure.

**

Last month my sister-in-law, Lyryn and I decided we would do a family photo swap. She'd do my family, and I'd do hers. Look, when you're a photographer, it is HARD to get good shots of your kids (ohhh especially when they're bigger, sheesh), and your whole family together, and setting up self-timers and all that? Forget about it. And paying someone? Yeaaaaa. This is where trading with someone is THE BEST THING EVER. It works out in the favor of BOTH of you. Score.

She did a super job and there are lots of beautiful pictures I will treasure forever, but here are some that make me smile extra big.

(the coloring & quality got a little funky when I put into collages, etc--but just know they are picture perfect)

this is probably my favorite "family" picture--and it's the one I picked for our cards.

Been with this guy since we were babies. Love him more today. *mush*

with this one, it's just....Lucy's smile. sigh.






**

The following week I did theirs--here is just a peek.


See? Trading is fun :)



21 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! The one of Lucy on Declans shoulders, looking at each other?! MELT! And holy big girl, Eme! She is looking so grown and mature! They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love it. How much easier to get smiles when your kids know the photographer. Our family session was like pulling teeth to get our girl to even CRACK a smile. I think ONE shot she is smiling. ONE. Oh well, always next year! I love your girls. They seem to have the BEST personalities - at least through the pictures and video snippets I have seen. I would love to get Lucy and my girl together. They are about the same age and would love to see the interactions :) All of her little friends are only kids and I would love to see how she plays with someone who is a little more willing to interact with other people. If only we lived closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all wonderful! Your girls are precious. You did a great job with Lyryn's too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy's smile in that one...oh my goodness, perfection! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love your sweater!!! Where did you get it??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love your sweater...where did you get it?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable family! Great photos and what a wonderful idea to swap skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, these are amazing photos!!! Eme is looking soooo grown up, and Lucy is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are perfect. Love them! Our family photo sessions keep getting rained out. I don't have any of the 4 of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could your family be ANY cuter?! Seriously! I dont even know how you choose which ones to use or hang up! Great idea to swamp skills! You are glowing in all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The family pic you picked for your cards is perfect! The pictures of you and Declan? You look like teenagers still!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't think my comment worked the first time. Love your family pic you picked for your cards. The pictures of you and Declan are gorgeous! You still look like teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your pictures turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They turned out so, so good! We had family pictures yesterday and it was a struggle just to keep my kiddo still for two seconds. Hoping we get at least one this good! And the ones of just you and Declan...you guys still look like two young-and-in-love kiddos! :) (totally in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful happy family! You look so lovely and healthy, way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these! Ya'll look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely LOVE these. LOVE!! So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful!!! Y'all are such a precious family. I swapped last year but this year we did the remote thing, just last weekend. It worked fine. But yes, tradsies are better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lucy and Declan looking at each other is adorable! They are all great pictures! I love Lucy's tights too. I really like Lyryn's hair dark!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...