Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

one and a half.

Oh, my sweet little BABY. My babyyyyyy, Lucy, is 18 months old today. One year and a half has gone by of being her momma, and it's true that it goes by faster than the speed of light, despite some of the longest days of my life. Oh the irony of motherhood.


This girl lives up to her name. She is a light. When her mouth smiles, her whole entire face smiles. Her whole body's involved... raised shoulders, excited eyes, cheeks that squinch up. Her happy heart and overall demeanor is SO fun. There's no doubt.

Oh, but don't let her fool you. She is fiery and fierce, and stubborn, too. She can hold her own against her big sister, insistently tells us yes or no, demands for snacks, will furiously throw-it-to-the-ground if it's not precisely what she wanted. She can be found climbing in the most dangerous of places, jumping from high points, and basically giving her parents a heart attack all throughout the day. There's no doubt that Lucy is adventurous.

She's obsessed with shapes and mostly stars, identifying them wherever she sees them. But, she can't just say "star", she has to say, "up-above-the-world-so-high" in her little baby voice EVERY TIME she sees one. It's ridiculous and so cute. She's obviously obsessed with Twinkle, Twinkle. Her words are just booming lately. The girl loves to sing, repeat anything you say, and loves a good dance party. Yep, she's all mine


Girlfriend gets so sad when sissy is at school. But when we pick her up? She run-attack-hugs her and it makes everyone around melt a little. It's totally sweet. I can tell that she totally has that little-sister thing going on. She knows big-girl things and icons already. Anything around that she sees that reminds her of Em, she'll say, 'SISSY!'. If I put on an article of clothing of hers that she knows Em has a matching piece, she'll say, 'SISSY!' If Em is napping and she's awake, she fa-reaks out wanting to bang down her door to wake her up. Even though they'll end up fighting in 2.5 seconds, I think it's sweet that she loves her big sister, looks up to her, and wants to be with her. Makes my mom-heart all warm. 


Every day. Every single day I think, why is she doing that? Isn't she still a baby? Two kids in, and I'm still amazed at how these babies grow into toddlers so fast. So curious about the world, so smart, so agile, so freakin funny and witty. 

Two kids in and I still have to pinch myself that I'm a mom, and she's mine, I get to keep her and get the privilege of being her mother. Despite the hard days (and ohhhh there are hard days), loving her, being loved by her (she is the best snuggler on earth!), is a joy, an honor, and just plain fun.

happy 18 months, lu girl! You are a blessing.


***




25 comments:

  1. I've loved watching her and E grow up. They're both awesome kids. Credit to you and Dec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just precious! Can't believe she is so grown up, it really feels like she was born yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post for your sweet girl! I love hearing about the sibling bond, since have a second kid terrifies me for some reason. Happy 18 months, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are KILLING me with these pics! OMG this head wrap!!! She's such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is absolutely adorable! But you know that! :) Love seeing how much love is between your two girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful! 18 months is my favorite age. I wish I could have bottled it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just adorable! And she really does have the best smile! I cannot believe she is 18 months old already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a little doll at home.. Reading her activities I wish I could meet her and play with her
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is just the cutest!! I love that last picture of her

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the top picture and her little headband! so cute! the last color picture, she looks so much like Declan! It's uncanny. thanks for sharing these sweet moments of your little girl, I love the "star" story, it really perks up my day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is ridiculously cute. Seriously, her joy really does show through the pictures. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That 18 months flew by for me. I love how light her hair has gotten! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so precious!! Happy 18 months! and your post has made me so emotional. Can't wait to have such a great connection with my children!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's adorable, and that hair! My daughter is 3 weeks older then Lucy and has about 1/3 of the hair, super jealous! I love this age though, so much fun and a new adventure every day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cutest. Pictures. Ever. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little piggies one! EEK. These babies grow too quickly...

    *whispers* time for another one... *ducks*

    ReplyDelete
  16. she is adorable. you guys should keep making babies. they're just so darn cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love my Lucy girl! Happy 18 months Lucy!! Best hugger award!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is gorgeous! Her smile makes me want to smile. Sounds like she has a matching personality too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's so adorable :) Cutest pictures ever!

    http://lifelation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. She's beautiful! Happy 18 months :)

    ReplyDelete