Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow Day + Sick Day

Before someone says it, I'll say it myself. Sickness has struck again, I knowwww, someone is sick all the time it seems. I've already been to the pediatrician this morning. I know it's my fault, because I'd rather have a social life, and my kids have a social life, therefore we catch a lot of germs. We're always somewhere, and always where the germs are (preschool, the gym, church). And, whatever. I've just come to terms with the fact that once a month at least during winter, someone is sick. Life with kids when you're not willing to quarantine yourself in the winter, I guess.

Even before I had to tell Emeline that she couldn't go to school today because she's not feeling well, schools had already cancelled because, duh, more snow or whatever (err, just like 10-15"...no big deal). Well, then when I went and I told her that ALL the kids couldn't go to school today because of the snow, she still cried anyway. awesome.

Declan is working in the basement (perks of a job where he can still work from home I guess), and getting ready to do the first big 'shovel session'. Lucy is busy being a goof around the house and crunching endless goldfish into the carpet. Sissy is lounging in my bed watching TV. And I'm drinking infinite cups of coffee and staring at all the things that need cleaned/organized/put away.

So. Scenes from our Snow Day + Sick Day.


(Mac hates snow days too....apparently.) 

(obsessed with stars...her favorite pj's by far...)



Happy snow day to you. And if you're somewhere that's warm and sunny? Soak up that vitamin D for me, cuz Lord knows I need it :)

18 comments:

  1. Where did you get your curtains for the room that those last couple pictures are taken in?? I love them! You have such good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get that awesome map pillow? I must have it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I'm a bit of a quarantine type person and Phoebe still got sick, so it happens. I hope she feels better soon!

    Your headboard is amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just dropping into to say how much I enjoy your blog! Everything you write I find myself saying, me too!! If we lived closer we'd be good friends. My daughter is Lucy's age and my son will be 3 in May. I work from home, so much about your life is relate-able. I genuinely appreciate how real you are compared to the majority of bloggers out there. Keep spreading the sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie!

    I've never commented, but I'm new to your blog and love it! I'm so inspired by your getting fit story! Thanks for being so motivating :) I started Paleo (thanks to you) and I really like it so far. I was totally dreading it but it's not bad at all!
    Anyway, my question is around counting calories, paleo, and working out. I do bootcamp style classes 3-4 times a week and I log what I eat into My Fitness Pal (just so it holds me accountable).

    Do you track calories on the Paleo diet? I was trying to stick to 1200 at first and then I questioned if that was enough with working out. Would love to hear if you track calories and what you try to aim for.

    Thanks again!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! :) with Paleo part of it is NOT counting calories. You get to be free of that, hooray! haha. So pleeeease, do yourself a favor and eat more. 1200 is not enough! Especially not for the style of workouts you're doing.

      (I couldn't reply to you bc you had no email attached, sorry for doing it this way!)

      Delete
  6. I hope your babies feel better!! They still look so cute with your amazing photography!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obv catching up on blogs here :)

    GIRRRRRL. I need some vitamin D in the worst way. It was 50 yesterday and you better bet I took my boys outside and played. Good thing as it is snowing here today, too (Nothing like what you have, though). OVER IT! Oh, and Lucy's love of stars is hilarious! Kids are so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this from my phone today but couldn't read the tagline in your header.. so I am creeping back by...HI!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I hope Em feels better soon so she can go play out in all that snow! I'm not a fan of winter but if we got more snow than ice during the winter months, I might not hate it so much. Ok, maybe I would. Anyway, I hope the sun comes out soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are so dang cute and I am obsessed with how your house is decorated :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Obsessed with your sweet girls and how your house is decorated :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I spy a new headboard!!! LOVE it! You are making me want to redo our bedroom that I just redid last winter! Not good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the little table by the window! Where did you find it?? I love your style & your blog...and of course your sweet girls :)

    ReplyDelete