Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

so it begins...

Each new year it happens. I get the itch to redo all the things around my house that make me feel stabby and irritated. The problem is, suddenly EVERYTHING is horrid in my eyes (funny how that works), and while I wish I could do it all, I can't. I mean, I could--but my husband may leave me. Ahem.

Anyway.

A few months ago I dramatically told Declan that I COULDN'T STAND TO LIVE ANOTHER DAY IN OUR BEDROOM! And all I want for Christmas is a bedroom makeover! And wahhhhhh.

Do we all regret our decorating decisions from 6+ years ago? Because I am seriously wondering who took over my body and chose that horrid pea soup green color in my bedroom. Why did I think that was a good choice? Did I realize that repainting it would be a pain in the butt? Obviously I did, hence why it took up residence for so very long even though I loathed it every time I walked in there. I don't even have pinterest to blame since it didn't exist back in the dark times six years ago. Actually, if it did exist I'd probably be better off.

I digress.

TODAY IS A NEW DAY MY FRIENDS.

I mean, for my poor, sad, pathetic bedroom that is.

It got a coat of Killz and new paint and that pea soup color no longer lives in this house! CAN I GET AN AMEN?

Honestly, I am so very happy, I could cry. It took me a ridiculous amount of time to choose a color to replace it with (because of course a full bedroom makeover is in order) and then at the last second, I picked a new one while standing there in home depot. I should never be surprised by this. In the end, a more open, airy, take-a-deep-breath bedroom is in the works and I could not be happier.

I am inspired by this photo.

pin via
Despite the fact that I am not using those identical colors. Actually, not really at all. But you get the idea of the feel? I guess that's kind of it, with a touch of rustic. Maybe. Oh heck, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Annnnnd now comes the time when I worry if I'll achieve anything that I envision in my head. The truth is, I probably won't. But I have a feeling I will still love it's airiness and openness no matter what. Yes, yes I will tell myself that.

For now, we have a painted bedroom. Breathe in, breathe out. IT IS NO WHERE NEAR DONE YET.

(headboard coming! side tables coming! fun art projects!)



Hopefully more finished details to come next week.

***

eeeeeeeeeeekkkkk

11 comments:

  1. You sound like me in this post. Oh man. I am going through this RIGHT NOW about my living room. Geez. It's just... killing me. I don't know if i can get the laziness out of me in order to actually do something about it right now! And i am not sure about how to go about some of the things i want to do. But man! Do i hate this living room right now! LOL!

    Also, my husband thinks i am the only woman who gets like this. Maybe i will show him your post ... it's not just me! ;)

    Love what you are doing with your bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the color combo! So pretty! For the first two years we lived in this house I begged for a bedroom makeover for Christmas and last year it finally happened b/c I was literally on the verge of tears. It was awful. But NOW I'm itching to redo a little too. Jimmy says it's b/c I"m home so much and I just look at everything and then want to change it all just b/c I get bored. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paint color! We have the same bedding that you do and I have that yellow throw pillow on my couch. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read your blog for a long time (apparently I'm a stalker!)--at one point in my life I thought I'd be a blogger, turns out I'm not, seeing how I wrote two posts in a year. Oops! I find you honest and hilarious--honestly hilarious and I just went through this bedroom ordeal myself. We have lived in our house for almost a year now and our bedroom is the same color (poop brown) when we moved in because I can't decide what color to paint it and I refuse to paint it until I know for certain (because that's how much I loathe painting). I've gotten used to paint swatches on the wall that I feel like I'll start a new trend soon. It'll catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see it finished! I love makeovers! And I love the colors you picked. I usually forget to take before pictures until I am half way through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing better than a fresh coat of paint. I get the itch to paint something every year or two. It is so cost effective and immediately changes the feel of a room. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not commented on your blog before but I absolutely love it. It's one I check daily (no pressure to post that often, though!). And I love the bedroom re-do. We just painted our bedroom this past weekend (a lovely muted gray) and I'm looking for redecorating ideas (thank goodness for pinterest). I'm loving your blue walls and I WISH we could get away with a white comforter but with a black dog and 2 cats, its just not feasible :(

    Again, lots of blog love coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love love love! So soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are the colors of my wedding!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. that shade on your walls looks almost identical to the shade I painted our master bedroom in our old house - I LOVED that color - it's amazing, relaxing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete