Monday, May 12, 2014

Emeline's Birthday Party-Firehouse Style.

This year, Emeline asked for a birthday party at the firehouse. She visits there with her Pop Pop (my dad) a lot, and she knows they throw a good party.  I was all for it, cuz honestly, it's kind of easy. Entertainment is already provided. You basically bring the decorations and the food, and that's it. I was looking for short and simple this year, as I really kind of dread party planning as it is. This ended up being pretty perfect and every kid had an amazing time.

So here are some of the details in photos--and at the end, a short little video of the day that really just shows what a blast it was!

First, the invitation. I made it in picmonkey, for free--and printed on my printer for her preschool friends. I was even super lazy and emailed them to family members and other friends because I just didn't feel like getting envelopes and going the whole nine yards. Lame, I know-but it worked.


Second, I kept decor simple, yet fun. Bright colors--lots of yellow, red, turquoise, pink--you name it. I wanted there to bright, vibrant colors that appealed to everyone. Also, balloons were a simple way to add to it and make it more birthday'ey. Yes, that's a word.

the firehouse provides the fire hats & gift bags!

We served pizza, chips, veggies & fruit---simple, simple.

I set up a little craft table for the kids. I printed out some firehouse themed coloring sheets and got some easy foam-sticker art stuff. In between playing on the trucks like crazy, the kids would get their craft-on and had something to take home.


The cake was made by The Kake Lady-- a local friend who rocks my face off every time with her amazing creations.


It was PERFECT. I told her I didn't want firetrucks on it--and somehow needed blue incorporated. She did so great. People raved about it's looks and also it's taste. So good.

The little presentation that the fire department puts on for the kids is really fun. It's also pretty short, but it's totally humorous and the kids go wild for the Sparky dog and Freddie the Firetruck. It teaches them a little fire safety, but mostly it's just all fun and games and singing to the birthday girl.



We ended with some more birthday singing--and took all the presents home to have her open once she calmed down a tad from the sugar rush.

(ha. yea right. that didn't ever happen.)


Overall, it went just right. Just the right amount of time. Just the right amount of decorations. Just the right amount of people. On her exact birthday. It was everything she wanted and so I'd call the 4th birthday a complete and total success.

***

Video: (don't worry, it's short :) )

20 comments:

  1. Emeline's first b'day part looks so much fun, beautiful decor and even beautiful cake, best and the prettiest is the birthday girl.
    I think u made the right decision by not have a truck on cake
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! Such a sweet video too! You look amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous!!! Loved those invitations! Could I hire you to design my wedding invitations?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious! What a great great party!! I LOVE the idea of having it at the station... I wonder if all stations do that?!? Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super fun party idea! My boys would LOVE this:)

    Julie
    www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, seriously. I need a tutorial on that invitation. I've used PicMonkey before for lots of things, but I have never made anything that awesome. Tell me it's easy. :) Happy Birthday, Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome! I had no ideas that fire houses could do this. She looks like she had a great time! You did a great job, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so perfect!! Love the not so girly theme for her and it is super neat that the firehouse does parties like this. I bet your dad was loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's awesome that the firehouse will allow you to throw a party there. So educational, bright and fun! I hope she had an AMAZING 4th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWW what a wonderful party! My son's 3rd birthday was a firefighter one. He'll be 13 in June. Don't blink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bright colors,and the sweet simplicity of this firehouse birthday! Happy 4th Birthday, Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just so much fun! So cute! Such an amazing idea and so glad you could document in video in pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with the others on the designing the invitation. What's your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so cute! Love all the colors! And Emeline (and Lucy) are just the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! And thank you for mentioning the picmonkey idea. We're doing a simple party for Noah this year (in August) at a local pool, and I'm trying to get it all planned and done before July. I just know I will NOT be up for planning with a newborn. haha. The easier, the better. But I still love things to be cute. ;) I cannot believe she's 4 already. Or that Noah will be 5. How is time flying by so quickly??

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was definitely a fun party - Avery asked when she was going back to the party for the rest of the day. There were so many kids!!! And sorry my rude child kept standing in front of the birthday girl for the group photo. I was trying to get her attention to move but it obviously was received by deaf ears (as most things I say to her these days).

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's such a great idea for a party! Looks like everyone had a blast. :) Happy birthday Eme!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great party idea! And, Katie, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always love your videos! What a fun party. Glad her birthday was so great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun! I think our local firehouses have stopped doing kid parties :( They do put on a pretty awesome camp, but a party would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...