Monday, May 19, 2014

So much good packed in one little weekend.

So. Kind of big news---my sister, Susan had her baby.

There is no doubt, none at all, that a baby being born is just pure magic. I can feel my rough edges toward baby #3 softening as we speak, and I don't like that. BUT GUYS. BABIESSSSSS.

Why do they suck you in like that? seriously.

Anyway. I hung around the for a good long time during her labor on Friday and took snippets of the day on video. After he was born I hodge-podged it all together and now they have a special little keepsake of the day sweet Deacon Jeffrey entered the world. Also. He was huge. Like, 10lbs 9oz, 23.5" huge. Yes. huge. My sister was serious when she said he felt heavy. HE WAS. She's amazing.

So, watch this--because who doesn't like to watch the story of a baby's birthday? One day I'm hoping my sister will blog again and tell all the nitty gritty details of that long day. Until then...



It's just pure joy for me to see my sister be a momma. Pure, utter joy.

***

My babies are obsessed with babies by the way.

Ok, fine, we all are. (I'm cracking, people. Make it stop.)


God, they are so cute. All of them.

***

My little (big) lady and I attended a birthday party on Saturday for her friend Finley. After barely getting any sleep, I pulled myself together and even took some photos for them. Her party was just TOO CUTE not to document. I mean...come on, a Rainbow Dress party? Each girl got sent a paint swatch and assigned a color (not mandatory, just for fun) to wear. Hellooooo--that's adorable.

The best part is the idea all stemmed back from when Finley's mom, Lauren threw a LBD (little black dress) party this past winter. Finley insisted she wanted a "little rainbow dress" party. So a little rainbow dress party she got :)



And that was just a taste. It was way fun and she let 4 year old girls PAINT in the living room of her brand new house. Like, FULL BLOWN MESSY PAINT. She is a cooler mom than I ever will be.

***

To top off our weekend we had a babysitter (!!!!) and then attended Declan's brother's 30th birthday party. He had an awesome Roaring 20's, Speakeasy-style party---totally catered, everyone dressed up, alcohol-a-flowin', people smoking cigars, card table/games/whatever they're called going on....it was fun! We are used to getting date nights here and there, but it was definitely a different, kind of fun way to spend time out.

And my husband can totally rock that time period.


***

Between the babies, the birthdays, the beer, oh my---this weekend was amazing.

how was yours?


25 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about writing one of those posts to myself about why I never want to be pregnant again, so I can read it in a couple years IF I ever get the fever. Thinking of Sue, though, has helped me keep my miserableness in check because that girl handled a 10+lb baby like a champ when I would have been at home crying in the corner. I try to remember these last weeks of pregnancy misery is tiny compared to the ultimate reward, but damn, I just want to sleep on my stomach for more than 45 minutes at a time without having to pee or severe hip pain or ungodly heartburn. And I just want to wear my normal clothes instead of sitting around my house in my underwear!!!! For cryin' out loud!!!

    I am so happy for Susan and Jeff - that is one adorable baby! I hope no one bought her any newborn size clothes though!

    And I swear Lauren is going to be the next Martha Stewart. She needs to package and market all that creativity!

    Enjoy the week - it is going to be gorgeous! And I am planning on getting my behind in gear this week and spinning. I think that is 1/2 of my mood issue. (the other half being the foot that is not so gently needing my ribs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What song is that? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of the rainbow dress party! I also love the little black dress party idea which would be fun for a girls dessert night (my LBD needs a night out, its in my wardrobe doing nothing at the moment and last time I wore it was the Christmas before last! I just don't get invited out enough, thankfully its in a classic style so it will never go out of style).
    I can honestly see you having 3 kids but maybe not just yet :) there is just under 2.5 months between me and my middle sister and almost exactly 4 years between me and my youngest sister (yep my Dad is out numbered!) and I like those age gaps. Maybe wait until Lucy is at least 2/3 before you start trying, though I know nothing as I am single and have no desire to have kids in the near future. For now I am enjoying being an aunt to one year old triplets (2 girls and a boy) <3
    I love your blog's design by the way, I keep meaning to muck around with mine but between applying for jobs, watching episodes of Bones (check it out by the way I have a feeling your hubby and you would love it) and practicing for my drivers test (which is tomorrow) I haven't gotten around to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU can rock that time period. :) What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10lbs 9oz?! Goodness! Love that video! I want one! But I don't want another baby. Maybe I can send our birth video to you to edit. You guys looked so cute in your roaring 20s gear! Stalking your ig now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all! What a great weekend. I'm still waiting for baby fever to hit me up for a second. I loved the 20's gear. Y'all looked fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a weekend! Looks like an absolute blast. Congrats to your sister on that beautiful big boy! What a gift you gave her with that video. So amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Multiple children painting in a brand new living room? Ha. Haha. Hahahahahaha. ;-) Looks like a fun party (er, parties), though. Our friends just had a rainbow theme for their daughter's 1st birthday party, and it was so bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture of Lucy holding little Deacon may be the absolute cutest picture ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We did a 20's murder mystery party for my husband's company Christmas party back in December and it was SO much fun. I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, if seeing a newborn makes you feel like that then #3 might be in the cards. Two of my friends had babies in the last week and I loved holding their new bundles but gladly left the hospital and enjoyed a dinner out followed by 10 hours of sleep! And that's how I know we're likely done with having kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness that's an awesome video!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! My babies are 3.5yrs and 1.5yrs and I catch myself thinking about babies! I really enjoy reading you blog an your pictures. Do you take the videos in blakc/white or change them. If so, how do you change videos to black/white?

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Congrats to your sister! you should do the video thing as a side business too. I wish I had stuff like that when my babies were born!

    And we had a dress-up nice/date night outing this weekend too. It's so fun! You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word, the video…we are about to try for our 3rd even as my 3-year-old and 19-month-old drive me absolutely bananas on an hourly basis. Babies are magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh goodness. Susan's baby is so cute! And I love the name Deacon! The parties look so fun...sounds like a great weekend.

    I'm definitely softening to baby number 3. I'm not there yet at all, but have a little pre baby bucket list going-it involves some travel, some sleeping, and some drinking-three things babies seriously limit. Oh, and some time in a bathing suit. When I've crammed all that in, I'll be ready ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful video, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! The video you made is absolutely amazing. It brought tears to my eyes! I totally agree that you should do that as a side business! What an amazing keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to your sister, and to you, proud aunt! How lovely of you to document your nephew's birth.
    (Elaine said I should check your blog out, and I'm glad I did!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. that was a beautiful video. Your sister is very lucky you made that for her! Such a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...