Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Photos from 7 to 7.

Simply put, I wanted to challenge myself to get my camera out. There used to be time when my camera was like an appendage, and now, sadly, it's starting to get a little dusty. So yesterday I toted it around as much as I could and tried to get a photo during each hour of the day. 

No, it wasn't an exact science. Yes, every fiber of my being wanted to caption each picture and tell you the backstory so conclusions aren't drawn that are wrong, or whatever. But honestly, that's kind of the fun in this. Just a picture. Just. That's it.  

We always hear, "A picture tells a story". But does it? It captures a moment, sure. But it definitely doesn't show you everything. It doesn't show you the other 59 minutes and 59 seconds of that hour. It doesn't show the part where I walked into my newly cleaned bathroom to find hot pink toothpaste everywhere (really regretting not getting a photo of that), or when Emeline spilled an entire container of applesauce, splattering it across the kitchen floor. 

So let's consider this me dipping my toes back into it all again. Blogging, picture taking, whatever.  





(iPhone photo//dentist office waiting)









***

Yep. Just a teeny, tiny, smidgeon of a glimpse at this messy, beautiful life. 

17 comments:

  1. This is a fun idea! I need to do this - my camera has been gathering dust too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And your house looks so pretty...the wreaths over the bed are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this glimpse into your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it! You should do this more often, love getting glimpses into people's days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really really love this! I may start doing this once a week and documenting on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!

    I've done a "Day in the life" post before, but I really love the one an hour idea. Probably going to steal it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this just makes me smile! Your photos are so pretty...and so are your sweet girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! I want to do that! What a need little project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fun!! Your daughters are gorgeous and it's so funny to think I remember your blog before they were here. Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this. I need to do this again. I did a day of photos one day in 2012, I think. And yeah, my camera is kinda sitting over there collecting dust as well. Been feeling a bit "MEH" about photo-taking lately. I need to change that!! Thanks for the inspiration. I may do a post like this too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love when you blog! Miss reading and hearing about you and those sweet girls and your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this! Fun idea and I've always loved your pictures! Definitely have to capture the "uh oh moments" too :)

    ReplyDelete