Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Some catching up + Fall Pics + Lucy-girl likes to paint

I'm just gonna start writing and updating and not really bother with anything sounding pretty. So let's do it, ok?

The last month or so I've been dealing with some knee issues that have really held me back from my normal workouts. It's not a huge deal, so I'm not going to make it seem like one. But the ortho suggested I go to PT and I wanted to laugh--because, PT? Come onnnn. But yesterday I went and as it turns out my knee issue is really a hip issue, so we'll be focusing on getting my hips stronger. After one session my hips are feeling it. We did some really great exercises to help me work on balance and stability so I stop putting undo pressure and wobbling around on my knees like a fool. Let's hope it works.

While I'm on a month break from my fun, hardcore stuff (like bootcamp, tabata workouts, HIIT cycling, body pump, etc)--I'm now all into yoga (like body flow) and pilates, because I have no choice basically. The funny thing is, I am actually starting to enjoy it, when I truly thought that was not possible. Who knew.

+  +  +

In case you haven't noticed, it's Fall. Fall means family pictures....or something like that. I happen to have a talented photographer in my family. My sister-in-law Lyryn does my family and I do hers. It's a swap deal and it works out. This year I did her birth pics and video since she just had that sweet baby boy. Just 3 weeks after having a baby she insisted to take our family pictures and I'm so happy with what she got.






I was going to make some excuse as to why I had no desire to send Christmas cards this year---but after seeing these pictures how can I not? It would be a sin.

+  +  +

Both my girls are just flourishing this year. I know that's kind of a stupid, fancy word to use--but they really are. Lucy is doing the 2's preschool program so she goes for 2 days a week (only 2 hours) and she loves it. She's coming home and singing songs that I remember Em singing at her age. 

During their free time the kids can paint at the easel and Lucy is OBSESSED with painting. I have about 400 paintings of nothing that I have no clue what to do with. They also are so overly painted that they take a week to dry. You know what I mean

The following conversation happened before preschool:

Lucy: I go'ning to paint today!

Me: Ohhh, fun. But how about you play play doh instead? (just a little, ahem, encouragement)

Lucy: (in her mad voice) NO MOM. I GO'NING TO PAINT TODAY.

Fast forward a few hours to preschool pickup.

SHE WAS NOT JOKING. Normally I arrive to one, maybe two sloppy-wet-drippy paintings to take home.

THERE WERE FIVE.  F I V E.

The teachers were like, "Lucy was painting at a furious pace today"--and I'm like, uh huh. She was just proving a point to me. 

Honestly, this kid is a trip--and I will never gently direct her away from painting ever, ever again. Lesson learned.

+  +  +

How are you beautiful people? Is anyone still out there? ......does blogging still exist? ;)

19 comments:

  1. Here and reading :) I've given up on a few posts this month too... Maybe someday? Also- pics are beautiful and that Lucy story is 👌 cracked me up. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging does not exist. But heck yeah I'm still out here reading every post! Love reading your blog. Too lazy to post comments because I have to push too many buttons #firstworldproblems

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at how much Lucy and E look like twins. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still blogging here and there and still reading! Your family is beautiful and Lucy cracks me up

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go through phases there are some weeks where I won't blog at all then I will get on a roll where I will do a post everyday it just depends on my mood and headspace. You have such a cute family :)
    Here's a tip with the painting issue use the paintings as wrapping paper, Christmas is coming up so you can save on wrapping paper, everyone gets a one of a kind picture with their gift and you get rid of some of the paintings its a win win win! Its what my Mum did with mine and my sisters paintings she didn't have to buy wrapping paper for years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that last picture of you guys - genuine joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to a chiropractor a few days ago for my knees, she was awesome! My mind was literally blown- she said all the thing my orthopedist told me as well. Anyways, she recommended that I do the video "the bar method, fat free" by Burr something or other. I just rented it from the library but have yet to do it- she told me on my days off of running (she still encouraged me to keep running like I have been!). Anyways, the video is supposed to be really good for your knees and hips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy COW, your girls are twins now! How did that happen!? Love the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your family pictures are so good!! I know from Instagram the girls weren't too excited about them, but man, they really turned on the cute and smiles! Hoping our family session this weekend turns out this good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the 'not bothering to sound pretty' - I think those actually sound the prettiest. And I'm glad you're back to blogging a bit more :) Your posts always make me feel happy and normal! (you know what I mean...toddlers...) And those pictures are pure amazingness. Such a beautiful family and your girls are getting so big...and I was Lucy when I was little - always in my painting smock at the easel - I just loved it, and I still do. let her use that as her creative outlet - show her different types of painting (water color, acrylics, etc) or drawing even (colored pencils, crayons, markers) and let her go to town...I still love that my parents were all about me being creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful pictures!!

    I like the idea of using the paintings as wrapping paper! In my pre-k class, after what seems like a week to get them dry, we have hole punched the pieces and made big "art books" to read through...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your blog, even if you only post once a month!! The pics are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that bottom picture especially! Your SIL does beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss your posts! Yes I still read and I still blog! I love your pics especially the one of the two girls! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm here! *raises hand* but I know what you mean with that last sentence... ;)

    And PT is all good, I've been there. It really helps.

    These photos are AMAZING! Your family is gorgeous inside and out. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good gracious! Look at those gorgeous amazing family photos. Absolute perfection! How do I get on your Christmas card mailing list? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm here and I love the random update blog style as much if not more than the fancy well-written blogs. True family life. :)

    Your girls are identical!!

    ReplyDelete