Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Why Hellllooooo there Mr. Wyatt

The first moments with your new baby---well, they're incredible. No matter how you labor, no matter how you birth, each one is just so special. Each time a new baby comes into the world it's pure magic and I don't know how else to say it without sounding like a complete loon. But it's magic.

My sister-in-law Lyryn really wanted a birth-day video when her 3rd little guy was born after seeing me do one for my sister when Deacon arrived. Thanks to a scheduled c-section and a little schedule-adjusting with my husband, I was able to make it work for me to attend.

We had no idea if they'd let me into the operating room until that morning, when the anesthesiologist on-duty had to make that call. But thanks to a little favor from God (I'm certain...Lyryn had been praying lots after all...), she was totally cool with allowing me in to capture some of those usually-unseen moments.

I got to suit up like a marshmallow man. It was amazing. Also, those suits are not breathable, and I may or may not have had pit-stains on my shirt. But it was well worth it.

While my main goal was to get video clips to mash-up into a little video keepsake for them, I managed to sneak in a few photos here and there. Not much, but some. And Wyatt James at 7lbs 10oz is one hunk of a little baby man, with a pouty lip that will certainly get him anything he wants for the rest of his life. He shares a birthday with his Api, Declan & Lyryn's dad (who passed away last year), who would have been 70 yesterday.

Basically, we're all in love.




And if you managed to not see this yet, between facebook and instagram, here's the video. My goal with this was to tell a little story of that morning Wyatt was born. To give you the feel of the day, the excitement, the nerves, and to really just remind us all that every birth is perfect and beautiful in it's own way.

Because, squishy, beautiful baby at the end. The ultimate prize, am I right?

Wyatt James from MeMo Lifestyle Videography on Vimeo.

Hope you have a happy weekend, my friends.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, tears over my coffee there this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. My lo turns 1 in a few weeks. I'm balling my eyes out watching this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful boy! They were so blessed to have you there to get the pics and video :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Can I cuddle him" Are you even serious!!! The pictures.....the video.....you are a-mazing Katie! I'm balling

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Can I cuddle him" Are you even serious!!! Those pictures.....that video.....A-mazing Katie! I'm balling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful boy. I followed Lyryn's story years ago (before I even found your blog!) and thought she was amazing. Glad she's added another beautiful boy to her family and how special that he shares a birthday with her late father!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, okay - crying less than 30 seconds in!! Congratulations to them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gift. As a c/s mama myself, I'm acutely aware of how much I missed of my sons' first moments. Now they're kept, for Lyryn, forever, in a perfect video.

    ReplyDelete