Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Adventure awaits

Over the last few months some big thoughts and decisions, processing and praying have been going on over here. Probably some of the biggest in our life. It's been hard not to talk about it, not to write about it, not to be able to process it with many people. It's actually a decision my little family has been bouncing around in our heads for two years now.

Two years in the making. Waiting. Praying. Thinking it was probably just a far shot, and it's just too hard to reach. Too scary, actually, for so many reasons.

But a few months ago we decided to just step one foot in front of the other, promising ourselves that if God continued to open each door, we'd walk through it. If it was made obvious to us to stop, we'd stop. Step after step, though, the doors continued to open. We walked forward and had an eerie peace about it. It felt like God was laying this out, like it was the right and next step for our little fam.

It's finally to a sure enough place where I can share that we are moving from coast to coast. Yep--we are going to San Diego.



I am a mix of super, crazy excited for new beginnings, terrified of the unknown, completely overwhelmed with details, and beyond thrilled for some sunshine and a different lifestyle. And how the heck am I supposed to pack a house we've lived in for 6+ years??

Declan's job is now completely remote. He's been working from his basement office for the last few weeks and it's going great. He's so disciplined and works really well on his own/ from an 'at home' environment. My job is also remote. I can work from anywhere that has a laptop and internet. Our kids are young enough to not completely hate us for dragging them away from their friends and such. They're resilient and adaptable at the ages of 2 & 4. It's a time in our life where we're not tied down to an area based on our careers, and that is so freeing, so very rare, and something we just can't take for granted.

We will miss family like crazy, we will miss friends, but we know that this is our time to do it.

It's time to make that little spark of a dream into a reality.

We'll see you in February, sunny San Diego.


(via)

29 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I'll pray for you, for wisdom, sanity as you pack the house, for more opened doors, for a smooth transition, and a welcoming community for you over in San Diego. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! That's huge!!! Good luck! I can't wait to read about your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH! I'm so excited for ya'll! We've been trying to relocate to Northern California for a year or so for my husbands job. I can't wait until it happens for us. It's gorgeous there, and the weather... Guess you'll have to start blogging more now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No more crazy cold winters for you! This is so exciting Katie! If you end up driving through Oklahoma mid-move, you have a place to crash (a newborn to snuggle, depending on when the move takes place!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so insanely awesome! San Diego is amazing, and I'm so jealous. Dave and I always talk about picking up and moving.. .but I'm am so, so terrified to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, this is so exciting!!! And I'm so proud of you guys for taking such a step for an adventure!! :) Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo!!! So thrilled for you all! What a beautiful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! San Diego is so amazing, and not only for the weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! How awesome for you! That is so exciting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting for your family! Can't wait to follow along your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Definitely envious, as I LOVE San Diego. It's beautiful, healthy, cultured, and just fabulous. Best of luck! I love visiting there and dream of living there one day. Seriously, the lifestyle totally suits you, from what I can tell. Enjoy!!!! And best of luck moving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOOOOOOOOOO Excited for you!!!!! You are going to love it!!! Cannot wait to see how much you all enjoy being by the gorgeous ocean ;) Still working on getting tony to take the plunge to head down there. Hopefully we can meet up sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just what I needed to hear today! My family is also relocating ... and I'm totally overwhelmed with emotions. Best of luck in your new endeavors and packing with kiddos (God help us!)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, big news. But honestly I've always thought you seemed to hate the cold. As a Floridian I can't understand why anyone lives where it's cold! ;) (I know, family and friends etc). My hisband's job is remote too and so is practically any job in his field. As the kids get older it's even easier. And so nice to have help with pick up, drop off, and kids' special events. Good luck on your move!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to say, a) this was shocking to me (obviously, not in a bad way, just in a shocked way...haha), and b) I am somewhat jealous, and I can't decide if it's because I've never been to the west coast even to visit, and it seems so sunny and glorious...or because I'm just a big fan of new beginnings. :-) Either way...yay for you guys! This is awesome! Really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As you know, I'm so excited for you guys. A lot jealous though ;-) Can't wait to see how you guys like your new, warmer home <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. How very exciting, Katie! Congrats on the big move. That would be so exciting and scary all at the same time. I am seriously sooooo jealous of all the sunshine you will be getting. San Diego is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. San Diego is amazing. A wonderful place to move too from anywhere but especially from the north east coast that is COLD half of the year. Amazing! Good for you for following your dreams for taking the adventure! You'll do GREAT! I hope you have time to blog and keep us (stalkers or me at least) up to date. What an amazing adventure for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How exciting! San Diego must be THE JAM, because I've got two friends who've announced within the past few months that they're moving to San Diego, too! All the best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a huge shift but what an incredibly opportunity for adventure!!!!! That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so ridiculously exciting! I cannot wait to hear about the change and adaptions. What led you to San Diego? Anyways, very jealous you'll get out of the snowy cold!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! What an exciting change! Will you share more about why you are moving and why San Diego?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay! Moving from NY to San Diego was the best decision I've ever made! What part of SD are you moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an amazing opportunity for your family!! Can't wait to see this new chapter of your lives unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! Wishing you all the best as you embark on this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so happy for you & your family! I've been following your blog for several years. I also live in San Diego, what part are you moving to? You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is exciting, Katie! Congratulations on your move!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations! This is such a wonderful thing for your family and it's going to be a fantastic adventure! Sure, it'll be hard without family and that free babysitting, and not being able to drop the kids at grandma's house at a moment's notice will be a challenge when you're having one of those days, but it'll be fine because THE BEACH!!! The ocean cures everything and you get to be near it!

    Again, congratulations and I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete