Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Shhhh.

Do you hear that? 

Me neither. 

Because there is silence here. Deep breath.

It's been almost a solid month of transition time here in San Diego. A month where the girls couldn't start into their preschool schedule here, and a month where the sister togetherness might have been just a tad too much. A month where they begged to go to school and to make "fwends" and all that fun stuff they missed from back home. 

But today. Today they started. Even if just a few mornings a week, it's enough right now to bring back some semblance of normalcy to their little world and I'm so excited for them. And maybe a little bit for me. Ok, I am excited for me, too.

I'm so excited that all I could do was come right back home and make a bowl of oatmeal to eat in peace. I like to live large.



But the truth of it all is that this past month as much as we might have annoyed one another at times, we needed that. We needed that time to, as Lucy says, "Da whole fami-wee" figure out this life on the other side of the country. We explored together, cried together, had meltdowns together, bugged the crap out of each other and really loved one another. 

These two were my sidekicks in exploring our new YMCA's, our beaches, the best place to take the dog for a walk, what restaurants are kid friendly, new churches and sunday schools, and best store (Target) to display epic tantrums to ensure the most eyes can view it.

Us, 'da whole fami-wee'--we were a team this last month figuring out new life over here. 

Though crazy at times, ok, a lot of times-I wouldn't want it any other way. 



Happy 1st day of 'california school', my babies. I'll see you in two hours.

5 comments:

  1. ur girls are adorable
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. See,I think that part, the all together-ness, sounds perfect. I mean that in the craziest way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for getting back towards a 'normal' life!! I'm glad the transition/move hasn't been completely crazy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you (and a tad jealous). I'm glad you guys are starting to find your rhythm there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-D so jealous of your warm weather...haha. Such a cute family

    ReplyDelete